Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Really don't know what to make off this Murray talk. I'm not fussed either way by him to be honest. However, if I was him I would be desperate to leave palace as it does seem he's more of a loner there then he was here. Decent player would also help us defend corners better

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If i'm honest i would be slightly disappointed if this was true. Al summer i've been waiting for a gem player to sign and i thought that would be a striker

Last edited:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
GP probably acknowledges the fan reaction would not be brilliant.

The only basis to sign or not sign him should be on ability and potential to fit into the team we have now.

I would be very angry if the club's decisions on signing players had anything to do with fan reaction.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As amazed as I am to find myself typing this, our recent transfer dealings do seem to justify it .....

I really do rate Murray, and like him a lot, but I think the club have moved on since his departure, and we are currently looking for a better calibre of player than Glenn Murray.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
The only basis to sign or not sign him should be on ability and potential to fit into the team we have now.

I would be very angry if the club's decisions on signing players had anything to do with fan reaction.

This. I would also add whether or not we will make some form of loss on the deal as a whole. Within reason obviously :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As amazed as I am to find myself typing this, our recent transfer dealings do seem to justify it .....

I really do rate Murray, and like him a lot, but I think the club have moved on since his departure, and we are currently looking for a better calibre of player than Glenn Murray.

As i said earlier, he was excellent for us, but THIS

Mark24

Mar 1, 2010
Hove
FFS would be OK, but if we're looking for better than OK, like our other signings so far this summer, we need a big, mobile goal getter who needs a season of regular football to enhance his prospects of regular Premiership football - and perhaps someone who is managed by a pal of Gus's who wants him to play in a good footballing team... Lukaku would be my choice... If we can sort a deal for Bridge's wages, nothing is impossible...

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Saw him with his son and wife when I was playing at a football tournament at Waterhall, he was just watching for enjoyment as his son wasn't old enough to play

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Absolutely no chance, hes 1 year into a 3yr deal.
Palace would want 500k at least....no way are we going to pay for someone we let go a year ago

Besides were after better, this board baffles me at times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely no chance, hes 1 year into a 3yr deal.
Palace would want 500k at least....no way are we going to pay for someone we let go a year ago

Besides were after better, this board baffles me at times.

Baffles me too, some people STILL think we should play CMS ahead of Barnes, insanity.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You will see Im right, I always am ;-)

Some people still think they play the same position....

They don't, as Barnes has far more to his overall game so can be used more flexibly. Barnes is comfortably the better striker though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here