Glastonbury

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Download 2007: Excess All Areas!

Friday 22 June
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Kerrang!

A VIP pass to the 2007 Download festival, with live performances, interviews and plenty of rock mayhem.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't get the fuss about Glasto, load of unwashed in a field listening to bands that most have never heard of and not being able to see the big bands because they are miles from the stage for £200+

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have it blasting out downstairs as I am typing this.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I don't get the fuss about Glasto, load of unwashed in a field listening to bands that most have never heard of and not being able to see the big bands because they are miles from the stage for £200+

Have you been then? It's not particularly hard at all to get up close.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
tbh its not my thing all the festivals etc but i really cant see the point in Glastonbury, i heard that it is one of the busiest places for air traffic during the festival as people helicopter in for the day, :nono:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I guess I was lucky - I went in '94 and it was scorching, Oasis & Blur, was fantastic and would love to go back - if the weather was good...

These days it's the Big Chill for me though, less hectic but so brilliant..

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fratellis on at the moment, sound superb, at least the sun has come out at last.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
tbh its not my thing all the festivals etc but i really cant see the point in Glastonbury, i heard that it is one of the busiest places for air traffic during the festival as people helicopter in for the day, :nono:

The people who say they can't see the point in it, or that it's rubbish are invariably the people that have never been.

Incidentally, I didn't see a single helicopter the entire week the year that I went.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just had Rufus Wainwright...an eerily haunting voice, probably one of those that you either love or hate.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The people who say they can't see the point in it, or that it's rubbish are invariably the people that have never been.

Incidentally, I didn't see a single helicopter the entire week the year that I went.

I've never been to -it- but I've been to a number of other multi-day mudfests/sunstroke-cities, and I f***ing hate them. Although at Oxegen you can usually get close enough to the stage. Is Glastonbury that much more amazingly special to outweigh all the negatives? Granted, its unlikely to have Dublin scumbags taking their one weekend a year outside of the city centre, but there'll be equivalents.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I've never been to -it- but I've been to a number of other multi-day mudfests/sunstroke-cities, and I f***ing hate them. Although at Oxegen you can usually get close enough to the stage. Is Glastonbury that much more amazingly special to outweigh all the negatives? Granted, its unlikely to have Dublin scumbags taking their one weekend a year outside of the city centre, but there'll be equivalents.

Yes mate, the one day festivals do not have a patch on the weekender. Ive always loved the vibes of the weekender :)

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have only been to one, the Belga Beach Party at De Panne in Belgium, it was for one day only...long time ago, Van Morrison was the star act and he was bloody brilliant.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

I'm sure there are equivalents but given that Glastonbury festival has about six times more people there than the population of the town I live in, you're bound to get a few troublemakers. I can't say that I experienced it myself though. In terms of multi-day festivals I've been to, it was head and shoulders above Reading, Leeds, V, Cambridge, Green Man, Isle of Wight, Willow and Strawberry Fayre. The only festival I've been to that approaches it (although nowhere near on the same scale in terms of size/bands you've heard of) is Frogstock.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
top set by the Arctic Monkeys last night weren't it?

so f***ing JEALOUS :(

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
top set by the Arctic Monkeys last night weren't it?

so f***ing JEALOUS :(

Most of their songs sound the same.
A meaningful monologue & some fast guitar playing.
Its 'formula' music.

Not saying they're rubbish, just samey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here