Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glamorgan v Sussex, The Swalec Stadium 9-12 April 2010

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Can't wait for this one! I leave on Friday!

Anyone know who will be playing? I've been checking the weather in Cardiff almost every day and it's sunny/sunny intervals for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.:clap2: So I suspect a massive victory!

Good old Sussex by the sea:clap:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Panesar's got to play as it was the scene of his finest performance in an England shirt

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Merry first day of the cricket season everyone x

The squad sees new signings Monty Panesar and James Anyon named and both will be hoping to make their debuts in the season's opener in Cardiff.

Competition for places has been tough with England stars Michael Yardy and Luke Wright being joined by the two younger players, Mike Thornely and Joe Gatting.

The weather forecast is good, so an early season result is well on the cards as Sussex look to start off on the right foot tomorrow.

Keep up to date with the game live on the Sussex website, where there will be reports, reviews, interviews and highlights posted after the close of play on each day.

The squad is as follows:

RG Aga (28)
JE Anyon (30)
CD Collymore (32)
JS Gatting (25)
MW Goodwin (3)
AJ Hodd (19) (wkt)
EC Joyce (24)
RSC Martin-Jenkins (12)
CD Nash (23)
MS Panesar (7)
MA Thornely (14)
LJ Wright (10)
MH Yardy (20) (c)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Argus had a story a few weeks ago that Joyce was out until the end of May. How come he's suddenly in contention? Great news though.

And why isn't Prior playing? Is that us or the ECB?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The Argus had a story a few weeks ago that Joyce was out until the end of May. How come he's suddenly in contention? Great news though.

And why isn't Prior playing? Is that us or the ECB?

I saw that and did wonder. I haven't seen a story anywhere saying he had recovered quicker than expected.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
ECB recommended he rest after his winter tours.
Twats.........he isnt in 20/20 World Cup squad, so why rest, especially as Figjam and Collingwood are earning filthy lucre in the IPL and they were on thetours and are in the 20/20 cup squad.
Funny that Trott and Bell are allowed to play for Warks........might be cos their director of cricket Ashley Giles is a selector.........tossers.
Also Matt hasnt seen his new baby much in his first 10 months so might be slight factor.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ah Summers here, have SCR funded John Lee's an away day or are we down to hear the commentry in welsh.

Agree with the Prior/ECB thing what pain for Sussex to have to pander to that, imagine England telling Alex to rest Rooney. Still when Hodd hits the winning runs I shall forgive them.

Anyone seen where the commentary link will be.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the discussion on the Sussex message board, it looks like Robbo is 'pulling a Fergie' and Joyce may play... he was spotting batting in the nets yesterday.

If he does play, it changes the whole make-up of the team, and makes our batting line-up far stronger.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Glorious day for it!

Leesey has got his mike open and you can just here the leather on willow warm-ups if you turn the volume up. What a glorious sound for us cricketers!

Come on Sussex, win toss and bat.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here