Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give Rents a chance

Well?

Poor lad must have had his confidence shot to pieces and Saturday would be an ideal opportunity for him to get back in the team against lowly opposition and relatively little pressure.

El-Abd is no 'natural' left back and I think it would help the balance of the team.

I would add that I didn't see his efforts at the Wall or Yeovil but I think Rents should be given another chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wilkins should pick the best available XI to win this game, and to hell with anything else. We need to money that a win may bring. Now is not the time for 'giving people a game'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
El Abd is no natural footballer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
rents hasnt been good enough since coming back in, and it doesnt look like wilkins is going to give him a run of competitive games to get back into the frame

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rents seems to have regressed, as I thought he looked useful last season and was unlucky to lose his place. Its pretty clear the manager doesn't rate him (being as Richards, Lynch and even El-Abd are preferred in his position now). Shame, as going forward he does give us a bit extra down the left.

Rents seems to have regressed, as I thought he looked useful last season and was unlucky to lose his place. Its pretty clear the manager doesn't rate him (being as Richards, Lynch and even El-Abd are preferred in his position now). Shame, as going forward he does give us a bit extra down the left.

Yes he has regressed but then when Richards first came he was dreadful and was very lucky not to contribute to losing a number of goals. He improved because he was given the chance and the same should happen to Rents.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yes he has regressed but then when Richards first came he was dreadful and was very lucky not to contribute to losing a number of goals. He improved because he was given the chance and the same should happen to Rents.

Well said sir, if you look at the free DVD (if you've got it yet) just take note of who puts in all the decent free kicks, corners etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I agree. I think Rents has been too hastily discarded from the 1st team - many other players have been afforded a series of out-and-out SHOCKERS and not been dropped, yet Rents doesn't seem to be afforded the same leeway. He could do with beefing up a bit, but I think he looks a good prospect, and given a run in the team we'd see him improve.

But as I say, it seems Wilkins just does not fancy him at this moment in time.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree. I think Rents has been too hastily discarded from the 1st team - many other players have been afforded a series of out-and-out SHOCKERS and not been dropped, yet Rents doesn't seem to be afforded the same leeway. He could do with beefing up a bit, but I think he looks a good prospect, and given a run in the team we'd see him improve.

But as I say, it seems Wilkins just does not fancy him at this moment in time.

Maybe the Easy 10 diet followed by a hard session with the boys in the gym would work?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Agreed.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
what choice have we got. richards wont come back. cant see us gettin neting in da window bar martot n a couple of nobodies rele. need a full back i think as there isnt enough cover. i say we have players like gatting and chaimberlin who should be given a chance so why shouldnt we do that?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what choice have we got. richards wont come back. cant see us gettin neting in da window bar martot n a couple of nobodies rele. need a full back i think as there isnt enough cover. i say we have players like gatting and chaimberlin who should be given a chance so why shouldnt we do that?

i would hope we can , last year we bid big amounts for players , we havent broke the bank in the summer and we now hoave money from a cup run , including 250k potential if we can win on sat.......finances for a couple of players shouldnt be a problem if we can find them

as for gatting, he's been shit at almost every opportunity and by all accounts was poor for woking....he is not the answer.

as for chamberlain - no idea

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Chamberlain is on loan to Bognor for experience for the rest of the season and don't write off Gatting who got 5 goals in his first season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here