Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gin

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Bombay Sapphire or Gordons?

Think I am leaning towards Bombay Sapphire. More flavour it seems to me although my head hurts this morning....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hendricks for me, well worth the extra couple of quid. Try it with cucumber, trust me, it works.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any gin in a coloured bottle is hiding something, it's not crystal clear, so the makers put it in coloured glass. Go for gin in a clear bottle, that's what a master distiller told me once.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Any gin in a coloured bottle is hiding something, it's not crystal clear, so the makers put it in coloured glass. Go for gin in a clear bottle, that's what a master distiller told me once.

You mean just like the shit Beefeater stuff you buy in duty free??

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bombay Sapphire or Gordons?

Think I am leaning towards Bombay Sapphire. More flavour it seems to me although my head hurts this morning....

It's all about the Tanqueray No10 and the Plymouth Gins!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Hendricks or Bombay Saph. The tonic should be Fever Tree, and it should be served with either lime or cucumber - NEVER Lemon.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hendricks for me, well worth the extra couple of quid. Try it with cucumber, trust me, it works.

Thats because cucumber is one of the main botanicals in Hendricks

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I like a drop of Gordons.

I bought a bottle of organic gin at Xmas, I thought the bottle looked nice (can't remember the name of it), but I didn't like it one bit. I did the same for Sloe Gin, I thought ... it's Gin, it's fruity, what's not to like, but I was wrong. I hated it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
More importantly get decent tonic. All those expensive carefully selected and distilled botanicals and then the great majority of people (and bars and hotels) pour in fizzy water with sacharin and/or aspartame in. Seriously taste the tonic and read the ingredients its shocking.
Extensive research has revealed that waitrose own brand tonic is free of artificial sweeteners, if you're looking to splash out the (substantial) extra for a bottle of fever tree, lush with the hendricks.

Tanqueray is my mainstream favourite, though partly because I once had a spectacularly dirty weekend in one of the swanky flats where the distillery used to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here