Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham game to be a sell out!

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
am taking my boyfriend to his first football match and he hates football, trying to convert him!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
am taking my boyfriend to his first football match and he hates football, trying to convert him!

Yes, a freezing cold night, right on top of Christmas in England's worst professional football stadium featuring one team of nearly-theres against a team of visiting cart-horses who live in caravans playing hoofball for an hour and a half on a pitch designed for donkey derbies set to the backdrop of actively hostile neighbours in an atmosphere better suited to a doctor's waiting room.

You know how to wow a guy, don't you? Put it this way, come the end of the evening, are you sure he'll believe you when you say this is what you really do on a Saturday afternoon at a cost of £21 a pop?

Having said that, what the eggs-and-flour-basted-giddy-fuckedness are you doing with a bloke who doesn't like football? Like, nerr.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Does your boyfriend know you're here? ( well yes he does actually...here he is)

We can see you holding hands!!! ( very observant of you)

Do you take...........Right we will stop that right there:eek::eek:

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Yes, a freezing cold night, right on top of Christmas in England's worst professional football stadium featuring one team of nearly-theres against a team of visiting cart-horses who live in caravans playing hoofball for an hour and a half on a pitch designed for donkey derbies set to the backdrop of actively hostile neighbours in an atmosphere better suited to a doctor's waiting room.

You know how to wow a guy, don't you? Put it this way, come the end of the evening, are you sure he'll believe you when you say this is what you really do on a Saturday afternoon at a cost of £21 a pop?

Having said that, what the eggs-and-flour-basted-giddy-fuckedness are you doing with a bloke who doesn't like football? Like, nerr.

he offered to come! :D

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I take it all back - the club has barely marketed this offer, certainly outside of Queens Road - and yet it's going to sell out.

Suggests that cheap tickets ARE the way forward

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No shit, Sherlock.

It's the one thing NSC is basically in agreement in.

Apparently not everyone though - some daft individuals have claimed that the tickets wouldn't sell at a cheaper price, and that the FA Cup/Paint trophy games are perfect examples of this. Others are season ticket holders who feel 'robbed', as well as those not convinced that we're better off financially by lowering prices.

:drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Apparently not everyone though - some daft individuals have claimed that the tickets wouldn't sell at a cheaper price, and that the FA Cup/Paint trophy games are perfect examples of this. Others are season ticket holders who feel 'robbed', as well as those not convinced that we're better off financially by lowering prices.

Yeah, well, as an STH, I ain't bothered. f*** 'em.

The more, the merrier.

e180

May 31, 2004
Wrong forum, I apologise, but I've got a spare South Stand after a rather unreliabe "friend" let me down after saying he wanted a ticket. Can also let you have two together if you have a single you want to exchange. e-mail with offer. Can post it or collect Friday.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I guess being on a Friday means lots of local park footballers who would normally be busy on a Saturday afternoon can come along.

Can't hurt the attendance...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Absolutely spot-on Mr Wanderer. No doubt all the moaning minnies and dismal desmonds who said that lowering league ticket prices wouldn't help attendances 'because no one came to the JPT' will still find something to moan about, or harrumph that we're still losing money so what was the point.

Also you and I must admit that whatever marketing 'to outsiders' the club did obviously worked - even if it was just relying on word of mouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here