Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gifton Noel Williams - do you want him here?

Should we sign 'the gift'

• Yes, he could do a job in league 1

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • No, rather spend money elsewhere

Votes: 67 41.9%

• Total voters

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I personally think he is well over -rated and nothing out of the ordinary at all, in fact, a bit of a donkey. I am, of course, prepared to eat a large slice of humble pie if we sign him and he proves otherwise, but what does everyone else think. Do you want him here, is he good enough?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I don't think he's that great but I can't see us getting anyone better. If he came I wouldn't be to upset.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
He looked good in the championship and brought CKR into games more than he had been so in the league below I reckon he could be an excellent signing if we can get him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never in a million years thankyou very much

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
jonny.rainbow said:
I think we could do better.

Thing is we kept saying that last season. I'm ambivalent but I guess he could do the proverbial job although his wages could be a stumbling block.

IMO we are better off getting some promising youngsters who we can develop over the next season(s) and who will still be around when we get back into the Championship even if just to be sold for good money. GNW is a bit of a short fix, how old is he ? And why doea he walk like he's had ricketts?
Also I don't understand this thing with Nicolas. I can't remember him ever doing much. And if you say he was never given a chance, what about the times he came off the bench? hardly sparkled.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I want someone who makes me smile. SOmeone who when i shut my eyes delivers confidence in the team. For me, he's a post or milkman. Gets some things done, but improves us little. I can't think of what he would teach the youngsters outside of bodysize and mis-control.
He's useful, but without inspiration.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I dont think he's up to it, I think there are better players to be had, and doubt he'd come to us I would of thought Southend'll try and get him to replace Goater.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Some people on here crack me up.

I bet the people saying they dont want GNW are the same who said Chris Iwelumo was shit.

We looked a MUCH better outfit with GNW in the side than without, and at Millwall he was the best player on the pitch.

Reckon hed score for fun in Div 1, the only worry for me is his knees.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
From what I saw

he is " gash " and " "unfit " and " " talentless "

Can we have someone decent please ???

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Agree with Albion Dan. GNW would be a very useful player for us in League 1 - even more than he was in the Championship.

And for those saying we could get better, who exactly? The main reason GNW will come here is because he already knows the set up and the club. Yes there are better strikers than him around but we either can't afford them or they won't want to come as we have seen many times before.

Our best chance is to snap up someone like GNW and hope Robinson or Gatting come good.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yes - he worked well with Kazim-Richards, and scored 2 goals in a handful of games (probably a better goals per game ratio than anyone else). In League 1, he should score goals, and we're not likely to get anyone any better, so yes, get him in

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Albion Dan said:
Some people on here crack me up.

I bet the people saying they dont want GNW are the same who said Chris Iwelumo was shit.

We looked a MUCH better outfit with GNW in the side than without, and at Millwall he was the best player on the pitch.

Reckon hed score for fun in Div 1, the only worry for me is his knees.

Agree 100% its just the injury threat that worries me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2 goals in 8 games

Tierry Henry he is not

In fact no better than McCammon.

In fact , what the hell, I would prefer McCammon to Gifltess Noel-Edmonds :censored:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
From what I saw

he is " gash " and " "unfit " and " " talentless "

Can we have someone decent please ???

Err no, we are going to end up with damaged goods or another one for the future, just the way it is :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here