Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting tickets on general sale...

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Question.

I'd like to take a friend to a game, ideally Hull or West Ham, as its close to their birthday. This is the first time (other than cup games) I've had to look at getting tickets on general sale. Now, looking at the online store, I see only 2 blocks are available in WSL and 2 blocks in ES South, both out in the wings. Being a ST in WSU central, I'd quite like to take them to WSU, or, if not, from a selfish point of view, North stand, as I'd quite like to watch a game there. Can anyone from past experience tell me what my chances are of getting a ticket in WSU or North? Are there literally no tickets on general sale for these sections? Do some often go on sale when ST holders tell the club they can't go? Etc.

They are keen to go, so I'm stuck as to whether to buy two tickets in WSL out on the wings, but again, being WSU central, I'd have to suffer my view to take them (which I guess is alright...), or hold it out, and hope something comes on the ticket exchange, or the club release some on general sale in WSU or North.

Didn't want to waste the clubs time, so any sensible responses would be appreciated! x

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I buy on a ticket by ticket basis and I always go in the WSL block I. Good mix of fans in there. Lots singing and a great atmos. I like it coz you always sit next to someone new and at Palace the atmos down there was quality. Dont know the answer to your question, but if you can get someone to take your seat, buy 2 in the WSL and off you go.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm just back from the ticket office this morning, and people were buying General Sale tickets for Hull from what looked like good positions in WSU, WSL and East. They were new registrations as well as it was taking ages to sort out their fan no.s.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was under the impression that the North is fully sold out to STH - as with all other places except WSL N and ES S - although there may be the odd single seat available elsewhere.

If the ticket exchange was sorted it would probably be a lot easier to get two tickets in STH parts of the ground.

Another option would be to wait until the club decide to offer tickets in the South for the Hull game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here