Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting booked...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
There is no logic. That's probably why it was introduced.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If I was a manager, any player of mine booked for that would be fined a weeks wages.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I thought it was for potential delays to the game restarting and for it being seen as unsportsmanlike behaviour.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Its to do with Sponsors not wanting their logos not to be seen and also slogans on tshirts underneath.

I thought it was a combination, but according to Graham Poll:-

Jermain Defoe removed his shirt last week after scoring for Portsmouth and was cautioned. It leaves referees open to the accusation of being killjoys who don't understand football. They're not.
However, referees do not have a choice which laws they apply, even if they don't agree with them. Players do have a choice. Celebrations are often pre-meditated. Carlos Tevez, for instance, won't keep a dummy inside his shorts all week long, will he? Yet, recently, he produced a dummy to celebrate goals for Manchester United.
When Defoe scored a second goal against Wigan, having been cautioned already, he wisely decided not to remove his shirt.
I don't think players should be booked for removing their shirts. It was introduced because of the risk of political slogans on under-shirts and it was delaying restarts because players couldn't get their tight shirts on again in time.

Full article here GRAHAM POLL'S OFFICIAL LINE: Swap shirt rule .. for refs' sake | Mail Online

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here