Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get well quick Liam

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So you can lend us someone. . .

Unwell Brady rushed to hospital

Republic of Ireland assistant football manager Liam Brady has been rushed to hospital after falling ill.

The former Irish international and Arsenal star was taken in for treatment in Dublin in the early hours of Thursday morning.

A spokeswoman for Beaumont Hospital, where Brady is being cared for, said he was in a stable condition.

Brady felt unwell after arriving back in Dublin following Wednesday's friendly against Norway in Oslo.

The Arsenal legend arrived back in Dublin with the rest of the coaching staff at around 0200 BST.

A Football Association of Ireland spokesman confirmed Brady was taken to hospital a few hours later.

"Liam Brady was feeling a bit unwell this morning and as a precautionary measure he went into hospital where he is in a stable condition, and lucid," the spokesman said.

It is understood Brady is being kept in for observation and tests.

In addition to his Republic of Ireland role, Brady is also director of Arsenal's youth academy.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
here's one thing i didnt know- his 'real' (Irish) name is Liam Mac Bradaigh - according to wikipedia..

i hope he recovers soon, from whatever he has.

Liam Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guarantee you that 'Liam Mac Bradaigh' is a translation, there are a group of Irish language zealots going translating names of famous Irish people in to Irish when they were always named in English (as thats what we all speak, day to day).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh, I don't know. He got the consortium together that ultimately took the club out of Archer's grubby hands.

Really? I know he was involved in aligning himself with Knight, when he was manager, but had no idea that he was instrumental in getting Archer out.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Absolute Albion legend - hope he recovers. A brilliant individual.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Guarantee you that 'Liam Mac Bradaigh' is a translation, there are a group of Irish language zealots going translating names of famous Irish people in to Irish when they were always named in English (as thats what we all speak, day to day).

they probably get European funding for it...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Yes, get well soon Chippy and continue to supply the Albion with top quality Gunners loanees

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Was Brady not intially part of the consortium, but pulled out when Archer refused to do business with something Brady was part of

:shrug:

As well as wishing Brady a speedy recovery, I do hope that, if or when 'Build a Bonfire - The Update' is ever published, we get a fair whack more of what he said about Bellotti.

As I understand it, 95% of what he said couldn't go into the book for legal reasons...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
NSC card or is that gay?

If anyone does want to, I can print off the list and obtain the actual card, seeing as its closer to me than anyone else on here than Shegull. Although I do remember someone on here designing a card for someone in the past rather than a dodgy thread printout paperclipped to an Eason's card...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think it would be nice if he knew he was fondly remembered here in Sussex.

He knew his tactics, trouble was he had such awfull players to work with. he could spot where things were going wrong but the players were just not good enough.

As mentioned above, he fought against the 'dark side' that was running the club down. Much of that he did privatly. he was passionate about the Albion and who can forget how it was all getting to him when interviewed by Lees'y after that cup game v Canvey island?

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Get well soon Liam. You came to the club at the wrong time, spoke out against scumbags Archer and Bellotti and always tried to go about things the right way under extreme circumstances. For that you are an Albion legend!!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Not where I used to live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here