Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get in the correct lane you daft MORONS!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i could quite possibly get absolutely shafted for saying this but today was the final straw.

i drive to all home games from the west and approaching the falmer turn off i move into the left hand lane and get in the queue.

its an average of about 15 mins waiting in line until i get to the car park.i think its fair to say i have seen nearly every time some idiot who has driven the whole length of the queue and tried to sneak in at the last opportunity only to have to come to a full stop on the inside lane because there is no gap.there usually ensues a car traveling at speed on its way to Lewes having to swerve into the fast lane to avoid the now parked car.

well today i saw four close calls(and i only queued for 10 mins today) and two were because of Brighton and Hove taxis(who are usually the culprits)

this is not a rant at the club or the road infrastructure,just prick drivers

it just seems this is an accident waiting to happen and i would hate to see a car load of dead albion fans strewn over the A27 because you cant wait the extra 5 mins.

if you are reading this and a culprit please do everyone a favour and think.

if you are one of the taxi drivers that does this you are a moron and should know better

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There will always be selfish drivers. I used to get angry about similar situations around the country as you mention above, but what is the point. They will do it week after week after week!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i know what you are saying just seems daft to me,i can understand people making mistakes in unfamiliar territory but this is week in week out crap and the taxi drivers especially should know better.

didnt mean do get on a high horse or anything i just dont want to see needless car crashes

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
i know what you are saying just seems daft to me,i can understand people making mistakes in unfamiliar territory but this is week in week out crap and the taxi drivers especially should know better.

didnt mean do get on a high horse or anything i just dont want to see needless car crashes

I hear you re taxi drivers!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Lane discipline.......some drivers have never heard of it....got to Village Way lights after the match...in the left hand lane...got stopped by the lights,when they changed, a motorbike shot pass me on the outside,cut in front of me...I had to brake to avoid smacking into him.....THINK DUMBO......I don't want to be there when they scrape you off the road. Also an old car in the overtaking lane poodling along at 40 mph and would'nt move over for half a mile,when he did he just drifted over.....change lanes...use indicators wether it's pulling out or going in....amszing how easy drivers forget!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Doesn't just happen at home games; this is every evening rush hour. So many near misses.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
pastafarian, you are absolutely correct. I've seen near misses after the game in the opposite direction as people join a busy a27 from packed laybys (sp?) at a crawling pace. It's only a matter of time unfortunately.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Unfortunately this happens every day there, that and going up the left lane and sneaking in at the top !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I often pull into the fast lane anyway when passing traffic like that,some idiot's even pullout never mind pull in,it's called defensive driving..

That said,i don't think there is a lot that can be done about it other than to have a speed camera fitted down there and reduce the speed limit to 50mph on that section,or a bigger **flashing*** signs saying QUES AHEAD!!!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I get just as pissed off that idiots then condone these pricks by letting them in! If you try to get on front of me when you attempt to beat the queue then you can f*** right off!

The police should be at this junction on match days helping to keep the traffic moving. For a fairly new road layout it is a piss poor set up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Couldn't agree more. Following the park and ride buses and cutting in at the roundabout behind them, is also irritating.

There is a complete selfishness and lack of courtesy amongst some of our fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I get just as pissed off that idiots then condone these pricks by letting them in! If you try to get on front of me when you attempt to beat the queue then you can f*** right off!

The police should be at this junction on match days helping to keep the traffic moving. For a fairly new road layout it is a piss poor set up.

I know what you saying,if your moving keep your gap deny them space,however for the benefit of all let them in,it only takes a 25 tonne lorry sat up the arse of another 25 tonne lorry to cause a real nasty pile up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Doesn't just happen at home games; this is every evening rush hour. So many near misses.

i only use that turn off for football,have never experienced it rush hour,so i should stand sort of corrected i didnt realise it was a common problem for this turn off...my only defense is taxi drivers should know better and maybe its not advisable to come to a full stop on a dual carriage way on your own

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Taxi drivers should know better,but tell me what qulifications does a taxi driver require? To be able to call them selves a "Professional"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why were you going there today?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I often pull into the fast lane anyway when passing traffic like that,some idiot's even pullout never mind pull in,it's called defensive driving..

That said,i don't think there is a lot that can be done about it other than to have a speed camera fitted down there and reduce the speed limit to 50mph on that section,or a bigger **flashing*** signs saying QUES AHEAD!!!!!

we had a discussion in the car today,after all witnessing a miraculous escape by a van driver,and yes we were discussing it because we could not believe there had not been an accident...one of the chaps said why not have signs starting 2 miles out "all stadium traffic left hand lane only" or something along those lines

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
we had a discussion in the car today,after all witnessing a miraculous escape by a van driver,and yes we were discussing it because we could not believe there had not been an accident...one of the chaps said why not have signs starting 2 miles out "all stadium traffic left hand lane only" or something along those lines

Needs something,as has been stated,not just during football-signs there are inadequate in my opinion- a blind bend,down hill,fast moving into?.........needs flashing signs even bolder still 40mph camera enforced speed limit?

- - - Updated - - -

All good suggestions although I think NSC would have a field day with the wrong spelling of queue! :thumbup:

I have never been able to spell it.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here