Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get Cureton now Magoo

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Swindon striker Jamie Cureton is to have talks with manager Iffy Onoura over his future at the County Ground.
Cureton, 30, has just returned from a loan spell with Colchester, having yet to find the net for the Robins since his summer move from QPR.

"If the manager feels he needs other things he will make that decision," he told BBC Radio Swindon. "I have to get my head down and get on with it."

Meanwhile, Onoura is in talks to keep QPR's Aaron Brown at the club.

Would be EXCELLENT and makes the brown rumour look unlikely + get rid of Knight in exchange

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Got a mate who follows Col U and said he looked pretty good, but its a league below, and he never did anything much at QPR too, so not sure he would be a good signing

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was good... not so sure he is now... also, I understand he has an attitude problem... probably not as bad as Leon's tho'...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why, he didn't score for colchester and to got out on loan from a bottom of elague 1 club he cant really be that useful.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
I would imagine he would be a 5 - 8 goals a season striker, and not being picky but we need someone who will get 15 - 20.

Cureton is going down the leagues, while we need someone up and coming, or a hand me down from a Prem club

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Large One said:
I was about to say... he makes Leon look a saint.
Not to mention the fact Leon is a far beter player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we signed Cureton I'd be tempted to join the Magoo out brigade, it ain't gonna happen fortunately.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Cureton is a quality striker well capable of the championship. He has some baggage which might put off some clubs as one of his ex chairman has it in for him big time! This matter was off the field and to my knowledge he's had no further problems at his more recent clubs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
y2dave said:
Cureton is a quality striker well capable of the championship. He has some baggage which might put off some clubs as one of his ex chairman has it in for him big time! This matter was off the field and to my knowledge he's had no further problems at his more recent clubs.
I would imagine the above being considered by may other forums regarding Leon at the mo:lolol:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
y2dave said:

7 goals in 9 games (+ 1 sub) for Colchester in the league and cup is ok, but then again Colchester are firing on all cylinders and giving him good service. Swindon a club like ourselves struggling, and he has not scored any goals in 6 games (+ 5 sub).

Last season 5 goals in 21 games (+ 12 sub) for QPR in this division backs up my previous comment that he is going down not up.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
That's quite a leap from Jamie Cureton talking to his manager at Swindon, to I'm gonna call for Magoo's head if we sign him.

Not really, do you seriously believe Magoo isn't influenced by NSC, just letting him know he MIGHT lose my support if he follows the advice on this thread title. :rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
I was about to say... he makes Leon look a saint.

How many club's that he has played for has he publicly undermined?...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Not to mention the fact Leon is a far beter player.

Not sure that is true either...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here