Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind Coppell today...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Fair enough some people may still not be keen on him or upset that he's 99% gone but there may still be a 1% chance he'll stay, lets get behind him and show him that we need him to say, he's a great manager and i fear that should he go we are going to have a Hinshelwood situation all over again due to Knights empty wallet, surely that's reason enough to get behind Coppell...

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Forget Coppell just get behind the team the atmosphere is even worse this season at Withdean. I reckon no pro Coppell or anti Coppell stuff just full on support for BHA.

We all know why we have a problem keeping managers untill it's sorted it will be the same, this shite council and the various Greens and anti Falmer groups are to blame i really f***ing hate the lot of them.

I could not give a shite about Reading they are a nothing team who got lucky and as a football club they are tyring to get promoted so they want a decent manager, fair enough we would do the same if we were in the position to do it.

Last edited:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'll be cheering for Coppell. The abuse can wait until he goes (if he goes)

baz

Jul 7, 2003
There is an exclusive in the Sun which suggests that Coppell has turned down the chance to join Reading. It may or may not be true, but it is certainly enough to ensure he gets a rousing reception today. As Bald Gull says the abuse can wait until he leaves, if he is going.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
STEVE COPPELL has snubbed Reading’s offer to take over at the Madejski Stadium after he could not agree personal terms writes PAT SHEEHAN.

The Brighton manager was interviewed twice for the post vacated by West Ham-bound Alan Pardew.

It is understood Coppell was offered a similar package to Pardew, in the region of £160,000 a year.

Coppell’s refusal leaves the way clear for former Arsenal skipper Tony Adams to land his first management position.

baz

Jul 7, 2003
That may be the case but if he stays another 3 or 4 months only, that may be enough to put us 10 points clear at the top of the division. The fact that he learnt his trade at Palace is irrelevant, he is a good manager doing a great job for us.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
baz said:
The fact that he learnt his trade at Palace is irrelevant, he is a good manager doing a great job for us.
There is no one out there that is affordable to DK that would be doing a better job than Coppell is now, that is a fact.

pissoffpalace

Jul 7, 2003
Hove
baz said:
That may be the case but if he stays another 3 or 4 months only, that may be enough to put us 10 points clear at the top of the division. The fact that he learnt his trade at Palace is irrelevant, he is a good manager doing a great job for us.

IF IF IF!!! There will be loads of other clubs after him

Last edited:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I heard on SCR that he is aware that because of the Palace connection some albion fans have not taken to him. Would you stay if you thought the supporters weren't behind you?

If supporters want to keep hold of a manager that will almost certainly get us promoted back to the first division, get behind Steve and the team and forget the Palace stuff, it's history. Steve is still Brighton manager at the moment, therefore we should all support him and do what we can to keep him here.

pissoffpalace said:
If its true he will be gone the next time someone calls

Maybe true. At the end of the day, most managers, with a few honourable exceptions are always going to look after number one due to the instability of the job. Are we the fans that much different in our outlook? After all, if Coppell was doing a shite job and we were at the bottom of the league, we'd all be calling for his head without a second thought.....

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Let's not forget that we have a match against Blackpool today. I desperately want to beat McMahon's lot, so I reckon, whether we're for or against SC, we shouldn't distract our team. Let's get behind them and hopefully we can put four goals passed Blackpool again.:lolol:

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Having trawled through piles of emotive postings giving many different views on our managerial situation I just cast my mind back over the past few seasons and came to a few conclusions of my own. There is little doubt in my mind that SC should consider taking the Reading job, who in a similar position would think otherwise, their position at the moment is far better than ours. I personally hope that he stays with the Albion, he has done an excellent job so far, there can be no doubt that he is able to motivate our team and after initial suspicion the fans have warmed to him, his sending off at Rushden reflects on his level of commitment.

We are in the unenviable position of having shed managers at a rate of almost one a season for the past 5 or 6 years and despite this the club has continued to move forward, on a playing front at least, we have seen some excellent football and our youth system has started to bear fruit. I cannot remember a time since I have been following the Albion where people have talked about our youth team and even know the names and ability of these stars in the making, Robinsion is on the verge of the first team, McPhee is already there and I suspect that El-Abd is not far behind them.

It is possible that we will be mourning the passing of yet another manager on Monday, I for one will hold no animosity towards SC, I would rather thank him for making the decision to come to Brighton and taking a job in the knowledge that a section of the fans would never allow him to forget his Palace connections. Let us not forget that he almost saved us from relegation last season when we looked dead and buried by Christmas, his efforts have set us up well for a chance of a third Championship in four seasons, should we be branding him a failure or slagging him off, the answer has to be a resounding "no".

I hope to be at the game next week to cheer on "Stevie Coppells Blue and White Army" to another victory and the inexorable march back to division one.

Get behind him today and let him know what he means to us and why he should stay!!!

Up the Albion.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We must give DK the support he is asking for and give Steve Coppell a great reception today.
DK must now realise that if he had acted just 4 games earlier in getting SC in we would still have been in the 1st div today.
He must also realise that if we are to return at the first attempt then having Stevie Coppell here is of the utmost importance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
SM BHAFC said:
Forget Coppell just get behind the team the atmosphere is even worse this season at Withdean. I reckon no pro Coppell or anti Coppell stuff just full on support for BHA.

We all know why we have a problem keeping managers untill it's sorted it will be the same, this shite council and the various Greens and anti Falmer groups are to blame i really f***ing hate the lot of them.

I could not give a shite about Reading they are a nothing team who got lucky and as a football club they are tyring to get promoted so they want a decent manager, fair enough we would do the same if we were in the position to do it.

I've been trying to think what my exact feelings are on this whole situation and you've just summed them up perfectly. I just couldn't have put that any better.

Except I hate the way Madjeski bleated about West Ham then tried to nick our manager. As you say, that's the game but don't bleat like a little girl when it's done to you.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here