Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany out in group stage?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So a Ghana win against the Aussies tomorrow will see them top with 6 points, Germany 2nd and Serbia 3rd both on 3 points.

You would fancy Serbia to beat The Aussies and so then Ghana would only need to draw against the Germans and it would be Auf Wiedersehn Deutschland

How funny would that be.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
So a Ghana win against the Aussies tomorrow will see them top with 6 points, Germany 2nd and Serbia 3rd both on 3 points.

You would fancy Serbia to beat The Aussies and so then Ghana would only need to draw against the Germans and it would be Auf Wiedersehn Deutschland

How funny would that be.

Or they come second - we top the group and they knock us out in the second round - like usual:nono:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's actually not that likely that Germany will finish second. If they beat Ghana then they'll probably top the group on goal difference thanks to their 4-0 thrashing of the Aussies. However, if they don't win then they'll probably finish 3rd on the assumption that Serbia are likely to beat Australia (and Ghana get at least a draw against Australia).

larus

It's actually not that likely that Germany will finish second. If they beat Ghana then they'll probably top the group on goal difference thanks to their 4-0 thrashing of the Aussies. However, if they don't win then they'll probably finish 3rd on the assumption that Serbia are likely to beat Australia (and Ghana get at least a draw against Australia).

I'd agree with that. It's very rare that the eventual winners of the world cup are the team that starts brightest.

I remember the Argies in the last WC (or maybe previous one), and they were playing superb stuff, but went out in the quarters I think (sumfink like that anyway).

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Absolutely no chance of Germany getting knocked out. They were robbed by the referee today but will beat ghana for sure. And my 14/1 odds say they'll win the cup. Well here's to hoping.

There was absolutely no chance of the Swiss beating Spain

There was absolutely no chance of England not beating Algeria

Germany are going out - you read it here first.

Not that it will be any consolation for England going out at the same stage

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Not that it will be any consolation for England going out at the same stage

I really couldn't give a monkeys if Engalnd go out tbh, gave up on them years ago after progressively getting worse year after year.

Germany will beat Ghana and progress, they don't slip up like England, they haven't won THREE world cups by chance.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
BOING

Serbia beat Aussies + Germany fail to beat Ghana = Bye Bye Germany

COME ON GHANA

Ghana-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

How funny would that be.

Nope, it didn't 'appen.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Twat :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can we file this under "Amex will never sponsor Falmer" please.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I really couldn't give a monkeys if Engalnd go out tbh, gave up on them years ago after progressively getting worse year after year.

Germany will beat Ghana and progress, they don't slip up like England, they haven't won THREE world cups by chance.

Exactly. By my reckoning in the 11 world cups since 1966 Germany have progressed further than England ... 11 times.

That's right. Every single bloody one.

This cannot be down to chance. The writing has been on the wall for years. We have had over 40 years to identify the reasons other nations are more successful than us and to do something about it, but we clearly haven't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here