Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osbourne

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I turned on the tele this morning and this man told me, in no uncertain terms, that a labour goverment would mean that i was unemployed before they finished their next term in office. Wow that told me - i thought that i might have a chance of keeping a job but no, apparently.

Did anybody else see this?

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
I turned on the tele this morning and this man told me, in no uncertain terms, that a labour goverment would mean that i was unemployed before they finished their next term in office. Wow that told me - i thought that i might have a chance of keeping a job but no, apparently.

Did anybody else see this?

He also told us that a Tory government will make us work longer and earn less so that his party can cut inheritance tax for millionaires and hand over more of our cash to their spiv friends in the City as a reward for f*cking up the economy.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He also told us that a Tory government will make us work longer and earn less so that his party can cut inheritance tax for millionaires and hand over more of our cash to their spiv friends in the City as a reward for f*cking up the economy.
oh for fucks sake change the f***ing record , you're rhetoric is so childish, shut the f*** up until you can come up with somehing worthwhile instead of the shit you're spouting at the moment.

oh for fucks sake change the f***ing record , you're rhetoric is so childish, shut the f*** up until you can come up with somehing worthwhile instead of the shit you're spouting at the moment.
Chilled out mood today then?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I did notice that he point blank refused to penalise the bankers. he gave them a 'fair warning' though - oooooooooh

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

He is basically right though, they have said they want to increase the retirement age, freeze public sector pay (and lets face it next to nobosy in the private sector's getting any cash at the moment) and let the bankers have whatever bonuses they want. Great!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He is basically right though, they have said they want to increase the retirement age, freeze public sector pay (and lets face it next to nobosy in the private sector's getting any cash at the moment) and let the bankers have whatever bonuses they want. Great!
and they slag coventry gull for simplistic economic posts , the f***ing irony.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Ok, so what have the tories promised to do, and what will they actually do if they get in power, that is what we are all interested in.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust the tories. I trust Labour, even after everything that has happend.

Can we all remember what the tories did last time?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Increase retirement age! Well I'm Forty that xtra year is gonna kill me lol
Freeze public sector pay haha welcome to my world of the last 5 years also you fail to mention only for people earning over 18k!!
The Banks are private companies, if their bonus's are that offensive go and be a banker !!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
and they slag coventry gull for simplistic economic posts , the f***ing irony.

So what parts of what I have written are incorrect then? Or must we all aspire to your superior intellectual plane to understand economics, politics or indeed anything else.

Oh and BTW I've never voted Labour in my life.

The differences betwen the parties is now bordering to be meaningless.

Its sound bite politics and not big strategic plans to run our country.

Nothing Osbourne is presenting really annoys me, but it is not doing much for me either.

They are both so scared of pissing of the marginal voter in middle England, that we are left with I cut 0.1 % here but oh, we're cutting 0.11%

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ok, so what have the tories promised to do, and what will they actually do if they get in power, that is what we are all interested in.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust the tories. I trust Labour, even after everything that has happend.

Can we all remember what the tories did last time?
Nope not sure I can do tell?!
And dont mention the Coal Industry lol

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Freeze public sector pay? Ours was frozen this year and is for the next 2 years anyway -

Cut public sector spending - we have already been told that the Councils budget must be cut by a minimum of 20% and this will lead to redundancies. Over the next 5 years this is just the start.

These changes are already happening under labour- the only difference is the tories have been more willing to bring it to public attention

Freeze public sector pay? Ours was frozen this year and is for the next 2 years anyway -

Cut public sector spending - we have already been told that the Councils budget must be cut by a minimum of 20% and this will lead to redundancies. Over the next 5 years this is just the start.

These changes are already happening under labour- the only difference is the tories have been more willing to bring it to public attention

Yep, I work for one of Mayor agencies, Government cut in grant is leading to 30% reduction on the workforce, plus another third to go.

And they are allowing Boris to claim the "credit" ? Politics!!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
As it happens I believe Osbourne is a class act, a very good performer.

... as the Tory clown but as a serious contender for Chancellor I think not.
He's fine talking from a script but anything else he clueless, once heard the fool on radio 5 live discussing priministers question time with some bint from the labour party and some chap from the Lib-dems - they made him look terminally stupid which to be fair wasn't hard! he makes Darling look brilliant which frankly scares the hell out of me.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I've been a Labour supporter all my life but have only just decided to actually join the party. I have not agreed with all that Labour have done but anyone who thinks that life under a Tory government would have been better is either very well off or self-deluding.

I'm 52 and I know only too well that a potential 15 years of Tory government run by Cameron and his fellow Etonians will decimate the health service, cripple the public sector and f*** everyones pensions. These things are important to me and so for purely selfish reasons I will fight to keep Labour in power.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've been a Labour supporter all my life but have only just decided to actually join the party. I have not agreed with all that Labour have done but anyone who thinks that life under a Tory government would have been better is either very well off or self-deluding.

I'm 52 and I know only too well that a potential 15 years of Tory government run by Cameron and his fellow Etonians will decimate the health service, cripple the public sector and f*** everyones pensions. These things are important to me and so for purely selfish reasons I will fight to keep Labour in power.

The Irony. Our pensions are already f***ed up. Private pensions and company pension have had billions and billions of pound plundered by your beloved Labour party.

And a pay freeze. Oh the luxury. My pay has fallen 70% in 2 years. These civil servants have not got a clue about the real World as do most employed people either to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here