Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

george boyd is signing for the scum crystal palace

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Out of contract in the summer, Shouldn't have cost us too much.

Should do ok providing cover for the wings or in the hole behind our 23 goal striker.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Don't really rate him, looks a bit soft as well. Totally anonymous at the Amex when Posh came down.

Would have thought Palace would have looked a better caliber players with their new dosh rather than Boyd.

Ebanks-Blake, Adomah and Boyd? Would be very good signings.

Boyd will most likely be cover. He will never displace Zaha/Bolasie/Williams/Murray, so if he comes he'll be on the bench most of the time. Nor is he the long term replacement for Zaha, as we want Albert for that.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Good player every time i'v watched him , and he's a palace fan

Ive been to every home and away P'boro v Albion game in recent years. He has a few nice touches, but he's been ok to un-noticeable.

That's borne out by the likes of Norwich and others never truly moving for him.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A lot of that was due to the fact that many thought he was the key to getting the best out of CMS, rather than thinking he was that outstanding.

We have been rumoured to be signing most of the Peterborough team from 2009/2010 season for that reason.

I agree with this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Boyd will most likely be cover. He will never displace Zaha/Bolasie/Williams/Murray, so if he comes he'll be on the bench most of the time. Nor is he the long term replacement for Zaha, as we want Albert for that.

"We've got an Icelander , you've got a caravanner"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Ebanks Blake? He's scored 10 goals in 4 years, and is looking a bit porky.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

But Brizzle have rejected your bid and are unlikely to let him go

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Seaside, do you think you will sign these players?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

26 years old and has won the Championship golden boot twice. Wolves fans love him but think he needs a change of scenery. I'm sure we'd be happy to provide, although Wolves want £1m for a player with 5 months left on his contract so they'll need a dose of realism there before anything happens.

But Brizzle have rejected your bid and are unlikely to let him go

Brizzle have rejected two bids. They have said that if we meet their valuation he'll be free to leave.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

untitled.png

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
26 years old and has won the Championship golden boot twice. Wolves fans love him but think he needs a change of scenery. I'm sure we'd be happy to provide, although Wolves want £1m for a player with 5 months left on his contract so they'll need a dose of realism there before anything happens.

Brizzle have rejected two bids. They have said that if we meet their valuation he'll be free to leave.
Bristol City have valued him at £3M though. Ebanks Blake is just another Akinfenwa clone.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bristol City have valued him at £3M though. Ebanks Blake is just another Akinfenwa clone.

Ebanks-Blake is Wolves' top scorer this season with 11 goals. Apparently he's an Akinfenwa clone with a very good record in the Championship for a terrible team.

Bristol City have valued Adomah at £3m. Their local papers are reporting that they'd accept £2m up front. We'll see what happens - I wouldn't be surprised if we got him tomorrow/Thursday.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ebanks-Blake is Wolves' top scorer this season with 11 goals. Apparently he's an Akinfenwa clone with a very good record in the Championship for a terrible team.

Bristol City have valued Adomah at £3m. Their local papers are reporting that they'd accept £2m up front. We'll see what happens - I wouldn't be surprised if we got him tomorrow/Thursday.

He's scored 19 league goals since 2009 in 105 appearances. Prolific.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

So....

A. You lied when you said he had 10 goals in 4 years
and B. The majority of those appearances have been in the Premier League, coming on as a sub. He has been a regular in the first team this season and has 11 goals.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

One thing in his favour is when defending a free kick he takes up the space of two men in the wall.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So....

A. You lied when you said he had 10 goals in 4 years
and B. Most of those appearances have been in the Premier League, coming on as a sub.

You're obviously very pleased with him. Good luck with that.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You're obviously very pleased with him. Good luck with that.

Deal is a long way from done. If we sign him I think he'll be very good for us. Thanks, but I don't think we'll need luck.

If the Boyd signing is completed, along with Adomah and SE-B, I'd be surprised if weren't in the top two at the end of the season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Deal is a long way from done. If we sign him I think he'll be very good for us. Thanks, but I don't think we'll need luck.

If the Boyd signing is completed, along with Adomah and SE-B, I'd be surprised if weren't in the top two at the end of the season.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here