Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

george boyd is signing for the scum crystal palace

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hoskins and Barnes better than Boyd? :lolol:

Boyd is good cover for our squad and will provide something different from the bench.

The real quality signings will be done on Thursday. Our first XI is the strongest in the division. Adding Boyd gives us some more depth, but we're still a couple of players short of an automatic place. Signing Ebanks-Blake and Adomah would probably secure that.

As far as cover goes, you wouldn't be able to sign a better player. We need to bulk out an exceptionally talented but very thin squad. This is a good signing, and for £500k is a good deal if it comes off.

Barnes is, without a doubt.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Boyd is good cover for our squad and will provide something different from the bench.

The real quality signings will be done on Thursday. Our first XI is the strongest in the division. Adding Boyd gives us some more depth, but we're still a couple of players short of an automatic place. Signing Ebanks-Blake and Adomah would probably secure that.

As far as cover goes, you wouldn't be able to sign a better player. We need to bulk out an exceptionally talented but very thin squad. This is a good signing, and for £500k is a good deal if it comes off.

You are so deluded its untrue.. Glenn, (Seaside) i have offered you on numerous occasion to have a £20 bet with me (winnings going to REMF) that you wont get promoted this season. So stop spouting your drivel and take me up on it.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

hows your head this morning? Drinking on a school night....naughty boy.

If your team was the best your record in last 10 wouldnt be so shit. and that my little friend is a fact.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Perhaps the reason why other teams havent signed him was the size of his wage... hes going to want at least 15k a week from anyone except perhaps his favourite team.

His record of assists and goals as a winger is enviable. He blows hot and cold but has fantastic ability and is still only 26 so could get even better. For a championship side he is a good buy but could he make the jump to the premiership? Not sure. Bit like Taarabt but with even less pace.

The Albion is strongest on the wing so we dont need him.

:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lots of talk connecting Boyd to a move to Forest instead now.

(Some posters may need to get ready to change their "he's not all that" sentiments to "he's fantastic, Palace have really missed out there".)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lots of talk connecting Boyd to a move to Forest instead now.

(Some posters may need to get ready to change their "he's not all that" sentiments to "he's fantastic, Palace have really missed out there".)

They made an offer two weeks ago which was rejected so went after Burke instead.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But according to palace fans on twitter, Boyd is a palace fan, and it's his dream move! I suspect the forest talk is just some charlton/brighton fans trying to wind up palace fans. Yes. That's the most likely explanation.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Boyd fail at Forest a couple of seasons ago?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Their chairman has tweeted saying that they have received multiple bids for him, and Boyd will agree terms with the club of his choice tomorrow

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not bothered about him if he signs for Palace & I won't be if he signs for Forest.

That said, I would still laugh heartily if he rejected his so called boyhood team for a club he's already failed at once before.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My Palace supporting mates tell me Forest is a done deal as they are offering 14k a week compared to Palace's limit of 10k a week for a player.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm not bothered about him if he signs for Palace & I won't be if he signs for Forest.

That said, I would still laugh heartily if he rejected his so called boyhood team for a club he's already failed at once before.

Exactly my thinking. I think he's overrated, and although he'd improve their bench, isn't going to turn their form round single handedly. But as Palace fans thought they were the only club in for him and it was a done deal 24 hours ago, to him now being favourite to shun them for a few extra quid at Forest, it is just a tad amusing.

Think the Posh chairman has played a blinder here. All the Palace fans were praising him on Twitter Tuesday night because of his honesty in admitting that Palace's bid had been accepted, when really he was just touting Boyd out to all the other clubs, who have then matched Palace's bid and look to have pinched him from under their noses. Great stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here