Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

george boyd is signing for the scum crystal palace

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
So what we have CMS , Ulloa, Barnes, Hoskins, Buckley ALL better than Boyd !!

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sounds dodgy to me. Fergie buys Zaha then says only on the basis that I will slip you a touch more money and you have to buy Boyd for X amount to help my son out. I know you only want to pay X amount so I will bump what I give you so you can give Duncan a bit more.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Sounds dodgy to me. Fergie buys Zaha then says only on the basis that I will slip you a touch more money and you have to buy Boyd for X amount to help my son out. I know you only want to pay X amount so I will bump what I give you so you can give Duncan a bit more.

People will laugh at this post but it should be taken very seriously.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Nice bedtime story...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Darren.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wouldn't improve our squad...would have 18 months ago perhaps but not now. Was looking forward to seeing him when they came to the Amex last season but he picked up an injury early on.

Would have thought Palace would look for better, but if prices have been inflated after Zaha-gate then you've gotta shop in the discount section rather than the rest of the shop.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So what we have CMS , Ulloa, Barnes, Hoskins, Buckley ALL better than Boyd !!

Hoskins and Barnes better than Boyd? :lolol:

Boyd is good cover for our squad and will provide something different from the bench.

The real quality signings will be done on Thursday. Our first XI is the strongest in the division. Adding Boyd gives us some more depth, but we're still a couple of players short of an automatic place. Signing Ebanks-Blake and Adomah would probably secure that.

Wouldn't improve our squad...would have 18 months ago perhaps but not now. Was looking forward to seeing him when they came to the Amex last season but he picked up an injury early on.

Would have thought Palace would look for better, but if prices have been inflated after Zaha-gate then you've gotta shop in the discount section rather than the rest of the shop.

As far as cover goes, you wouldn't be able to sign a better player. We need to bulk out an exceptionally talented but very thin squad. This is a good signing, and for £500k is a good deal if it comes off.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Hoskins and Barnes better than Boyd? :lolol:

Boyd is good cover for our squad and will provide something different from the bench.

The real quality signings will be done on Thursday. Our first XI is the strongest in the division. Adding Boyd gives us some more depth, but we're still a couple of players short of an automatic place. Signing Ebanks-Blake and Adomah would probably secure that.

As far as cover goes, you wouldn't be able to sign a better player. We need to bulk out an exceptionally talented but very thin squad. This is a good signing, and for £500k is a good deal if it comes off.

Watford and Leicester are better than you I think, especially with Watford looking like signing Vydra permanently, they're a class outfit despite losing tonight.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Deal is a long way from done. If we sign him I think he'll be very good for us. Thanks, but I don't think we'll need luck.

If the Boyd signing is completed, along with Adomah and SE-B, I'd be surprised if weren't in the top two at the end of the season.

"Nurse, get the straitjacket, he's having another moment" :ffsparr:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Not really sure why some of you are comparing him to players like CMS, Ulloa and Orlandi, he is very different to all of them and is certainly better than Hoskins for a similar price.

He'll be a different entity to Bolasie and Zaha but I'm not convinced he's the answer, I like that he's a Palace fan but I can't help thinking Adomah would be a better fit given how our pace scares teams more than anything.

Still, 14 goals from left wing in the last season and a half at Championship level is better than 99% of wingers in the division so I'll have a wry smile should he sign as long as a striker (Ebanks-Blake would be nice) also signs before deadline day closes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not really sure why some of you are comparing him to players like CMS, Ulloa and Orlandi, he is very different to all of them and is certainly better than Hoskins for a similar price.

He'll be a different entity to Bolasie and Zaha but I'm not convinced he's the answer, I like that he's a Palace fan but I can't help thinking Adomah would be a better fit given how our pace scares teams more than anything.

Still, 14 goals from left wing in the last season and a half at Championship level is better than 99% of wingers in the division so I'll have a wry smile should he sign as long as a striker (Ebanks-Blake would be nice) also signs before deadline day closes.

This is to be fair a very accurate assessment. Boyd will be OK for Palace, nothing more, unless a change of scene and coaching bring out the best in him.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Good player,looked very good at the Amex last season before he went off.Palace seem to get the best out their wingers as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here