Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

george boyd is signing for the scum crystal palace

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Deal is a long way from done. If we sign him I think he'll be very good for us. Thanks, but I don't think we'll need luck.

If the Boyd signing is completed, along with Adomah and SE-B, I'd be surprised if weren't in the top two at the end of the season.

Thought you would have been looking at higher quality players than average Championship players. If you do make the Prem these players will be hopeless.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Over-rated. Would have been excellent in L1 when we first looked but was saying we wouldn't want him once up to Champ. He's a fan so if he's a rotation player for them I'm sure he'll put in the effort and be popular. But meh from me :shrug:

Assume he's their exciting replacement for Zahaha?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Good player every time i'v watched him , and he's a palace fan

Agreed - good player and always nice to get a fan playing. He's certainly not been a great player over the last couple of years though. Similar to Harley in terms of capability and effort from what i have seen.

Time will tell if the move rejuvinates him I guess. Would be interested to see what the fee is

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Boyd, Ebanks-Blake and Adomah are all good Championship players, who will improve their squad. Will any of them actually improve their starting XI, though?

Adomah for example, isn't going to start ahead of Zaha or Bolasie.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would imagine even Palace fans are fairly meh about Boyd. Presumably they'd be more interested in Adomah & Ebanks-Blake, who at least have track records at this level.

Boyd isn't quite as old as I'd guessed- he seems like he's been around forever and has given every impression that he peaked two to three years ago, hence I expected him to be older than 26. Has always played badly against us, including a comedy sending off the day we played them off the park at London Road in 2011, so all in all, I don't mind this.

What's with the "replacing Zaha" stuff- he hasn't technically left yet? They're not buying Boyd with the Premier League in mind, and Zaha is still around till May, in body if not in mind, so presumably they're not too worried about replacing him at the moment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For the love of GOD though, Boyd, cut that hair. And perhaps have a word with yourself about the t-shirt & cardigan.

party_george_boyd_gf_420x280.jpg

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sounds like a bit of a crowd boosting move. A couple more every week, because Boyd is playing, you know his mum and his errr scrap that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wolves want £1m for a player with 5 months left on his contract so they'll need a dose of realism there before anything happens.

Brizzle have rejected two bids. They have said that if we meet their valuation he'll be free to leave.
Oh dear, it seems that Dougie's prediction of keeping the Zaha deal quiet until these deals were done has fallen flat on its face. Everyone knows you've got a chunk of money, and everyone knows you want to push for the premiership = prices doubled.

Laughter, Bemusement, Pity.... take your pick !
All of the above.

Love, Obsession, Envy.... take your pick !

All of the above plus it's a fecking good chortle.

George Boyd was absolute shite earlier in the season for Peterboro at the Amex - so should fit in nicely at Palace.

Have they been linked to anyone decent yet ? With the money from "call me Mister Manchester United" I thought they would be shopping at Waitrose not Lidl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here