Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Barker

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What do you make of him?

Turning 21 soon and he's yet to have a decent run out for us, is it too late for him to make a break through into the first team with Barnes, CMS, Agdestein and Hoskins all ahead of him in the pecking order as well as a new striker maybe coming in ?

Is it time to send him on loan ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Scores goals for fun in the DS but if he had enough to step up you would imagine he would have by now.
Still, just having the goascoring habit is valuable. I'd try and get him a decent loan to see if he can translate it to a higher level before making a decision.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it. Personally I think his time is coming to an end, he needs to get out there and get some first team experience.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Looked good when playing for the DS squad but when ever i have seen him in with the first team he struggles to make an impact, loan him out.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Got Joe Gatting written all over him. I rated Gatting too. Barker won't be the first or last to not quite make it. I'm sure the club know best, but from what I've seen, I'd release him and give him a chance to play at a lower level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A good young player, but unfortunately like many younger players lacks 'presence', hopefully it will come with age but unlikely to be with us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He looked good against Worthing but all right foot think he is destined to follow the Jake Robinson route. Like others thought I read that he was going to Plymouth on a season loan, could this be held up until after January 2013..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here