Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatting keeps his place

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Albion manager Mark McGhee today saluted the impact made by Joe Gatting.

The teenager leads the attack for the third game running against high-flying Watford at Withdean tomorrow.

The Seagulls have so far failed to land a striker, despite an exhaustive search, so McGhee has turned to Gatting after 30 goals for the youth team and reserves.

The rookie marksman made his full debut against Leicester at Withdean last Saturday and impressed in Tuesday's 3-0 defeat at Norwich.

"I think Gatts' arrival has been a huge bonus," McGhee said. "I think he is going to be important to us.

"I know he is an 18-year-old boy but he is up for it, he is a find at this stage for us.

"His performance the other night was, for me, so complete apart from a goal that it says to me he is going to get goals and make goals with his play. I'm delighted with him."

Albion are five points adrift of Sheffield Wednesday in the battle to stay up but McGhee is still optimistic they will survive.

Wearing an outsize check suit, size 24 shoes and a flower that intermittently squirted water as passers by, McGhee went on to say

"I still believe we, at some point, are going to hit a little run," he said. "Hopefully it will be soon enough. Mentally the boys are in good shape and I think we could win a few games now."

McGhee then left the interview room on a 1:3 scale fire engine which contained four dwarves who were trying to put out a pretend fire with buckets full of glitter.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do you like your subtle edits El P :lolol:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OOH 3 games on the trot up front, soon be setting a season's record for consecutive games up front.

Could he come good as our elusive targetman, how good would that be?:clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
would love him to bag a goal , i was suprised at how bi he is, against Leicester was the first time I've seen him and I thought he was another midget.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Icy Gull said:
OOH 3 games on the trot up front, soon be setting a season's record for consecutive games up front.

Maybe, just maybe Magoo is finally learning. Albeit FAR TO LATE. Should have done it (give one or two strikers a run of games) at the beginning of the season when "results dont matter" c LI

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I am coming round to the idea of Gatts as our target man, even at 18 he is a big lad. His touch is decent and he is mobile. Would love to see him upfront with Jake or CKR. Hopefully Hart will be on the right and one of them will be up front.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought we started the season with Leon and CKR up front for a few games.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I reckon Gatts will score tomorrow, headline grabber "Joe takes sting out of Hornets".

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Les Biehn said:
I am coming round to the idea of Gatts as our target man, even at 18 he is a big lad. His touch is decent and he is mobile. Would love to see him upfront with Jake or CKR. Hopefully Hart will be on the right and one of them will be up front.

Probably makes more sense to play him up front initially with a wise old head for guidance such as OGH;)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
at the beginning of the season when "results dont matter" c LI

this is worth re-iterating for its sheer stupidity

LI SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON THAT "results dont matter":jester:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle C said:
Probably makes more sense to play him up front initially with a wise old head for guidance such as OGH;)

Your right, plus its been a goal bonanza. ;)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:
this is worth re-iterating for its sheer stupidity

LI SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON THAT "results dont matter":jester:

How about quoting the rest of the statement he made. I think it related to changing the way we played and how it would take time to gel, therefore the results weren't the most important thing as long as it started to bear fruits. Otherwise we'd have to revert to defensive football.

There are an awful lot of people trying to join the Uncle Buck bandwagon of belittling LI, who whatever you think of his viewpoint is one of the better NSC posters. Just imo like

I could of course be completely wrong but I'd need to see the whole quote 1st, not a possibley taken out of context one.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
junior said:
At last the JOKE that is McGhee is giving someone a run in the team.:clap:

Could it be that AT LAST one of the forwards looks like he's up to it?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
How about quoting the rest of the statement he made. I think it related to changing the way we played and how it would take time to gel, therefore the results weren't the most important thing as long as it started to bear fruits. Otherwise we'd have to revert to defensive football.

There are an awful lot of people trying to join the Uncle Buck bandwagon of belittling LI, who whatever you think of his viewpoint is one of the better NSC posters. Just imo like

I could of course be completely wrong but I'd need to see the whole quote 1st, not a possibley taken out of context one.

He said at the beginning of the season that results were not important. The context of it is in this thread;

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showt...=20& highlight=London Irish results do not ma<br%20/>tter&pagenumber=1

However results do matter whenever we are playing, whatever LI or McGhee might say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here