Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gasheads

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like no end of season fun in Chelteham again this season;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6950967.stm

Football and rugby stay in city

Bristol Rovers and Bristol Rugby will play all their home games at the Memorial Stadium next season because of a delay in developing the ground.

Rovers had planned to play at Cheltenham Town's Whaddon Road ground from the middle of the season.

Work on developing "The Mem" into an 18,500-seater stadium will now begin in May 2008, with a scheduled completion date of December 2009.

Some residents around the stadium oppose the development.

Rovers' chairman Ron Craig said: "We are disappointed with the delay to the start of building our new stadium, but it is a bonus that we can complete our first season back in League One without having the disruption of moving half way through our fixtures.

David White, chief executive of Bristol Rugby Club, added: "The announcement allows us to stay at home for the duration of this vital season and allows us to confirm to our fans and partners the final details for the season."

Bristol Rugby will play two home games at Ashton Gate: against Gloucester on 17 February and Bath on 2 March.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
well at least i get to get the Memorial Stadium off my list this season :)

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Looks like no end of season fun in Chelteham again this season;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6950967.stm

Football and rugby stay in city

Bristol Rovers and Bristol Rugby will play all their home games at the Memorial Stadium next season because of a delay in developing the ground.

Rovers had planned to play at Cheltenham Town's Whaddon Road ground from the middle of the season.

Work on developing "The Mem" into an 18,500-seater stadium will now begin in May 2008, with a scheduled completion date of December 2009.

Some residents around the stadium oppose the development.

Rovers' chairman Ron Craig said: "We are disappointed with the delay to the start of building our new stadium, but it is a bonus that we can complete our first season back in League One without having the disruption of moving half way through our fixtures.

David White, chief executive of Bristol Rugby Club, added: "The announcement allows us to stay at home for the duration of this vital season and allows us to confirm to our fans and partners the final details for the season."

Bristol Rugby will play two home games at Ashton Gate: against Gloucester on 17 February and Bath on 2 March.

Bugger I like the Kibble brewery in Cheltenham and was planning to get anialated in there on the last day of the season

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Way-hay! A trip to Bristol!!!! I feel a 9 a.m. arrival coming on.

:drink:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tis true

I'm sure there are a few reputable establishments willing to cope with Bohemian Rhapsody at 10 in the morning!

:clap2:

If I remember rightly, the last trip to Bristol you organised, the only establishment we managed to visit at all, was KFC.

Very poor show.:thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Spoons by Temple Mead Station to start with.

Have heard a nasty rumour from the Jug Eared One that you are thinking of joining us on a trip to Chimp Choking Land.

Indeed. Preliminary planning has already started, mainly involving a train at 5.30am

Marvellous scenes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here