Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville - Hoddle's England and drugs.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Solid underrated Defender in my book- who was a normal Man United fan living the dream. Never let Club or Country down- and his dad was called Neville.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
iv watched one Super Sunday and one MNF and already sick of the seeing Neville as a pundit/whatever he is!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
just interested to hear why people have such a hatred of neville?

he put in some tasty tackles in his time, but id hazard a guess that most people cant think of a genuine reason other than the fact that he played for man united and had a bloody successful career out of it, which will probably translate to a silly little reason like "he's annoying" or "i just think he is a twat"

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I like him. I think he speaks well on Sky and he was a one club (luckily for him it was United) player for which he bust his gut every game. People just don't like his stupid little tache and label him a twat for no other reason apart from him playing for United and loving it.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It's no suprise [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] has 6 little green boxes is it? Top posting.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Think he's got the highest win ratio of any England manager except Sir Alf. The players thought he was brilliant.

his win ratio is the same as sir alf's on 61%, which is currently being beaten by one man - fabio capello - who despite nearly everyone deciding he isnt good enough sits on 65% at the minute

another man who wasnt good enough is sven who sits on 60%

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd have liked Kevin Keegan as my manager:

The amount of time spent on horse racing or cards was ridiculous. It was all very old school, completely different to what I'd become used to in terms of discipline, focus and preparation at United.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't mind Gary Neville. Anybody that has a go at that c*nt, Glenn Hoddle, after what he said about disabled people is fine by me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Flattering photo:

Gary-Neville-001.jpg

Is that one of them mission impossible masks?

[yt]uOmNYE9Hhhg[/yt]

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
just interested to hear why people have such a hatred of neville?

he put in some tasty tackles in his time, but id hazard a guess that most people cant think of a genuine reason other than the fact that he played for man united and had a bloody successful career out of it, which will probably translate to a silly little reason like "he's annoying" or "i just think he is a twat"

I just think he's a twat.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Gary Neville - Great player. No doubting that. Fantastic player even. What irks me though is that he was part of a shothouse generation of England footballers who seem to be queuing up to have a pop at the England set up. If he had won or achieved anything for our/his country then by all means open your slack jawed trap. Otherwise, shut it.

Oh, and he's a miserable Manc twat

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What irks me though is that he was part of a shothouse generation of England footballers who seem to be queuing up to have a pop at the England set up.

They might have been 'shothouse' but they gave me more hope going into major tournaments than the bunch of wastemen we currently have do.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They might have been 'shothouse' but they gave me more hope going into major tournaments than the bunch of wastemen we currently have do.

I'm sorry but that just simply isnt true. Failure has been ingrained in the current England setup since 1998and the Golden Generation were the nucleus of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'd be amazed at what people can do and feel on a placebo. I deal with placeo data every day.
No I wouldn't, I'd imagine it's very interesting research.
I was amazed that the first genuine response was 'oh it couldn't be drugs, just a placebo'.
Where as if the exact same statement had come from Mark Cavendish or Igor Liftalotova the first reaction would be 'druggie scum', as emphasised by Easy 10 on this years Tour de France thread.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I don't mind him as a pundit. He's intelligent & articulate, Makes a change from the usual 'jobs for the boys' crew idiots like Jamie 'I can't close my legs' Redknapp.

As a footballer what would Capello give to have a right back as good as him? Granted he played the panto villan role very well & could be a bit dirty. I remember him kicking the crap out of Reyes when he played for Arsenal & thats apparantly the reason why he went back to Spain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here