Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville - Hoddle's England and drugs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gary Neville reveals bizarre England methods under Glenn Hoddle | Football | guardian.co.uk

I can't help thinking if they had been tested Neville would have been less 'sure' it was all above board.

When the 1998 World Cup started, some of the players started taking injections from Glenn's favourite medic, a Frenchman called Dr Rougier. It was different from anything we'd done at United, but all above board, I'm sure.
"After some of the lads said they'd felt a real burst of energy, I decided to seize any help on offer. So many of the players decided to go for it before that Argentina match that there was a queue to see the doctor.

All this at the same time cycling was being rocked by the Festina affair, which for those that don't know, was the discovery of illegal performance enhancing injections.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Knowing Hoddle likes his mind games, it was probably just a placebo but wanted to make they players "feel" better if they had the injections.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Flattering photo:

Gary-Neville-001.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah and I've got some magic beans for sale.

How is it that 'performance enhancing' drugs, are rife in cycling, cos they're all on it.

But any other sport requiring a 'performance' is clean.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Footballer trying to be controversial in the release of their new book shocker.
That has more legs than complete bollox like, it might only be a placebo.
Although he does seem to drag most of the team in on it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Creatine? Wasn't a banned substance back then (possibly is now) and football was using it... Wenger was a big fan of it Arsenal. It gives players more energy/stamina.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I like Gary Neville, will be buying this book!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That has more legs than complete bollox like, it might only be a placebo.
Although he does seem to drag most of the team in on it.

You'd be amazed at what people can do and feel on a placebo. I deal with placeo data every day.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great, another gobshite England failure sticking the boot in.

Alternatively, another man who, if he hadn't played for Man United, would be recognised as the excellent servant to England that he was.

No, he's not that likeable, but he was never one of the media whores that flaunt their status in every exclusive club in town, nor was he (to my knowledge) out picking up hookers like half the other England players, and lastly at least he's got a brain and an opinion, unlike so many of the other tedious, single-cell-ameoba international footballers whose dull ghostwritten "opinions" we're graced with.

I'd hazard a guess that his book is probably a better read than most of his team-mates' autobiographies, as I can't see him shying away from much. Except probably criticising Fergie. It's hardly a reflection on Gary Neville that Glenn Hoddle was considered to be weird and a crap manager, is it? Most of us think exactly the same.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Alternatively, another man who, if he hadn't played for Man United, would be recognised as the excellent servant to England that he was.

No, he's not that likeable, but he was never one of the media whores that flaunt their status in every exclusive club in town, nor was he (to my knowledge) out picking up hookers like half the other England players, and lastly at least he's got a brain and an opinion, unlike so many of the other tedious, single-cell-ameoba international footballers whose dull ghostwritten "opinions" we're graced with.

I'd hazard a guess that his book is probably a better read than most of his team-mates' autobiographies, as I can't see him shying away from much. Except probably criticising Fergie. It's hardly a reflection on Gary Neville that Glenn Hoddle was considered to be weird and a crap manager, is it? Most of us think exactly the same.

Very wise words.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I like the way he's come out and said his England career was a waste of time. It would be interesting, soundbites aside, how many current England players actually think we can win silverware as a national team. Not many I should imagine...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have always thought he's a bit of an ill-informed cock.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

True words. If you were a manager you'd love to have had him in your team bolshy or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here