Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart to sign for Cambridge Utd?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Interesting info
Brighton legend to show Hart for United?
By Christopher Vessey - 22/06/2008 15:49
Amberarmy can exclusively reveal that Cambridge United are chasing the signature of Brighton & Hove Albion legend Gary Hart. The 31-year-old is thought to be deemed surplus to requirements by new Seagull's boss Micky Adams, paving the way for the ambitious approach by Cambridge United...

Sources within the Brighton & Hove Albion camp have revealed that Cambridge United are hoping to make Gary Hart the second summer signing at the Abbey Stadium.

Striker Hart, who can also play right back, wing back and right midfield, is nothing short of a legend for the Seagulls, having famously signed by Brian Horton for the club 10 years ago for the princely sum of £1,000 and a set of tracksuits from Essex League outfit Stansted.

Gary was recently voted as the best bargain buy the League One club have ever made, seeing him make over 300 games, and playing a massive part in three of Albions recent promotions in 2001, 2002 and 2004.

Due to injury, last season yielded only seven appearances, two of them starts, although the bulk of his tenure at Brighton has seen him notch 45 league goals.

Hart is due for a testimonial, which will be played on the 26th July against Championship favourites Charlton Athletic. It is believed with the recent signings of Glenn Murray and Jonny Dixon, 'Harty' could have slipped down as far as fifth or sixth choice striker for the ambitious Adams, who has vowed to make changes at the South Coast club.

Should Cambridge pull off this signing, it could prove a major coup, especially after missing out on Antonio Murray, Charlie MacDonald and the unlikelyhood of Clayton Donaldson arriving, especially after a flood of interest from League clubs such as Darlington and Crewe.

An interesting comment on their forum ...

Gary Hart coming to the Abbey?

Ref :- home page

1/ Are we really likely to sign more players before appointing a new Manager?
Would this not make any prospective manager think , am I in charge of this area or not?

2/ Is it wise to make it public knowledge that we are chasing the signing of a certain player/s?
This would bring it to the attention of other clubs , who may offer a better deal and secure the signing instead of us

I do not agree with making these things public knowledge just for the sake of saying you heard it here first, when it might not be in the the best interest of the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be a great move for him imo, not least that he will be swopping one great City for another and should do really well for them, maybe even help them back into the league.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
The bit I can't work out is the 'deemed surplus to requirements by new seagulls boss'.

1) I thought Harty had already been released by us and 2) Why would the Brighton and hove albion camp have any info on this?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cambridge would be an interesting choice, they have recently dumped their manager and shipped out virtually all of last seasons squad...looks like they will be pretty much starting again from scratch.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i dont know nothing about cambridge ,but only just got back from turkey .:shrug:
so without giving anything away in terms of clubs are you any nearer to making a decision gary?

harty9

Jan 11, 2008
there are quite a few so just going to go for one that is good for my family and me. .what ever div there in. there is 2 teams in div 1 but not sure there down my street. to far away:wave:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
i dont know nothing about cambridge ,but only just got back from turkey .:shrug:

Did you have a nice time Gary. Shouldve told me you were coming...... could have set up with something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here