Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games where we have pinched the points

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I will never forget the game when we were properly battered by Bristol City only for Lee Steele to score an injury time winner with a diving header.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That was a very memorable game. I was standing at the side of the pitch when the ball hit the back of the net and went absolutely mental. I'll never forget the faces of some of the City fans after the game. They looked shattered.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
we didnt pinch the points as such in this game , but we certainly pinched the win
The replay away at Newcastle in the cup run of '83. The ref disallowed two Keegan "goals" much to the annoyance of the natives

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
we didnt pinch the points as such in this game , but we certainly pinched the win
The replay away at Newcastle in the cup run of '83. The ref disallowed two Keegan "goals" much to the annoyance of the natives

[yt]3I1SibFokBU[/yt]

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was at the Newcastle game. Although we were in a higher division, we were still underdogs and you can see there was some quality in that Newcastle team.

Those games where you win 'against the odds' with a true battling 'backs to the wall' performance rate high amounst my favs. We've done it twice at Palace, the mcShane game most of us remember but ther was an earlier game where Butlin scored after 4 mins and we hung on from there.

Butters at West ham has also been mentioned but I'll throw in just about the best ever as our 1-0 win at forest, league Champs, unbeaten at home in years, top (or 2nd) in the league and us bottom of the table having been thrashed 4-0 a few days earlier.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It wasn't nicking points but i seem to remember being 2nd best to Pompey in the FA Cup and skidding it 1-0

Pat_Albion

Nov 10, 2007
BN41
In recent memory the 2-1 win at home over forest in the 06-07 season. We were battered for the whole game and in a 40 second spell, Bas Savage and Nicky Ward scored wth savage taking on the entire Forest team.

I thought it was Hammond who scored the equaliser, a low free kick, and Ward scored from Savage's run. Could be wrong though :thumbsup:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
How about the second play-off game against Swindon? 2-0 down, completely outplayed and still we went through.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The game when Eric Potts got two injury time goals against Sunderland has to be the biggest bit of larceny I have ever seen from a Brighton side. Sunderland should have been 3-0 up at least but had only got one. Should have been enough but Potts comes on with 89 minutes gone and somehow manages to get two toepoked goals. The North Stand went mental at the end.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Brighton 3-2 Southend a couple of years back, 2-1 down with five minutes to go, super Bas came on and changed the game completely, and Hammond scored right at the end. Good memories.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
At Withdean. shout for the last minute goal against Stoke. Very wet night.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ah balls, thought this said SHOULD have pinched the points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here