Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game Of Thrones: Series Two

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hopefully there are some other fans here of the HBO/Sky Atlantic series "Game Of Thrones" based on the books by George R R Martin. The first series is out on DVD in a couple of weeks, and series two, based on the book "A Clash Of Kings", starts in April. A new trailer has just been released for it, and I can't bloody wait:

[yt]cNLc5Nf9YxA[/yt]

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
read all the books years ago (except the latest one) and thought series one was very good after a couple of shaky first episodes.

they are going for it in this season by using drubovnik in croatia too - looking forward to it :)

the skirt in the show is incredible it has to be said ;-)

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Can't wait for this to start. Thoroughly enjoyed the first series and now ploughing my way through the books (half way through vol 2 of book 3). I seem to remember reading that the first series was the most expensive tv series ever made so they are going to need a very supportive studio/network if they intend to do all 5 books.

Sent from my brain using Board Express

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Looking forward to this, enjoyed the book. I've heard they've used a few story lines from the next book as well.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Love the books and loved the series but will it survive to season 5? Think once we get past the Blood wedding it may need padding out for tv.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Love the books and loved the series but will it survive to season 5? Think once we get past the Blood wedding it may need padding out for tv.

I agree, it will be interesting to see how it works as/if we get into the later books.

Who is everyone's favourite character, by the way? For me, it's actually Stannis.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Can't bloody wait !!!
Shame Sean bean wont be in it, his character was class

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Cam't wait, i'm sure of whether to read the books or just watch the series though
read the books as there is alot more going on in them than will ever be on the tellybox. I got the first book when i saw the first episode and have read all six books so far. Great read

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Read the books some time ago, and thought that the series would be rubbish to be honest. Very pleased to be proved wrong, just a real shame that our hero died so early!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
520181-tyrion_lannister_large.jpg

This is a big reason(ok maybe small) why I love this show. He steals every scene he's in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Its all down to the viewer ratings they get in the US , decent ratings at the beginning of S2 will give S3 the green light. S3 will decide if there is going to be a S4 and it only needs the launch of a blockbuster on another network to screw things up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here