Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gadaffi Deal "A step closer"...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From the Times Online:

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan today confirmed that talks with the representatives of Libyan leader Colonel Gadaffi were at an advanced stage, and an official announcement is expected to be made by the end of the week. Last week we reported that Gadaffi and his son Al-Saad had expressed an interest in buying the newly promoted South London club. That possibility has now taken a step closer to reality with the news that the Palace chairman has received an official bid from Gadaffi, and is currently considering it.

Gadaffi, who already owns a 7.5% share in Italian giants Juventus, is keen to establish a foothold with a Premiership club to further his business interests in the UK. The bid is rumoured to be in the region of £18m. If as expected Jordan accepts the bid, it is thought that the day-to-day running of the club would be left in the hands of his son Al-Saad, who played briefly in Italy with Serie B side Perugia.

Palace manager Iain Dowies job is safe, however he and his players have had to accept some changes in preparation for the arrival of Al-Saad. "We've introduced a few ideas which the lads are getting used to" said Dowie yesterday. "Obviously fitness is the key with pre-season training, so we've started training each day with a four mile run. As a little incentive, the last one back has the soles of his feet beaten and thrashed repeatedly with a bamboo stick until they bleed. Anyone conceding a penalty in a competative game will have the little finger on his left hand amputated, with further digits being removed for repeat offenses. Win bonuses will be paid in camels, and goals are to be celebrated by the scorer vigorously slapping himself around the top of his head as he runs towards Mecca".

In another pilot scheme, the club are enclosing a complimentary burka with every season ticket sent out to female Palace fans. Commercial manager Darren Holden said: "Sadly it is a well known fact that many of our female fans are somewhat cosmetically challenged. Following promotion, we've had an explosion of season ticket applications from various slags and chavettes from Croydon and South Norwood. Without exception, they all look as though they've had their face caved in with a spanner, so we're hoping the burka will help improve their appearance". Rumours that Iain Dowie has also been asked to don a burka have so far been strenuously denied.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
When I was just a little boy, I asked my mother: what shall I be?
Shall I buy Palace, or shall I buy Brighton? Here's what she said to me:

Wash your mouth out son!
And go get your father's gun!
And shoot an innocent policewoman!
From inside an embassy!

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Colonel Gaddafi won't be buying Crystal Palace - according to a spokesman for the Libyan dictator.

Reports sugggested that Palace chairman Simon Jordan was thinking of selling the club to Gaddafi as he wants out.

The news has angered many Eagles fans who don not want to be associated with a man of his reputation.

But a spokesman said: "Mr Gaddafi had been informed about the rumours that bounded him to a possible interest to buy Crystal Palace, but he knew nothing and he isn't involved in this situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here