Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

G20 protest

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
i see another copper been suspended for hitting defencless woman, shameful if you ask me, he should be sacked without question in my view, anyone agree with me ???? and the other one involved with the death of that guy. Apparently one woman who witnessed the guy who had heart attack hit the floor felt sick by the sound of his head hitting the deck...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
i see another copper been suspended for hitting defencless woman, shameful if you ask me, he should be sacked without question in my view, anyone agree with me ????

Isn't that like saying someone who is questioned by police should go to prison? There's due process. Even in the most obvious of situations.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
You can't demad both be sacked without knowing the facts. Policeman pushes man over, few minutes later (or however long it was) man dies. They may/may not be connected, thats what the IPCC will find out. The woman appeared to be provoking the policeman who appeared to be ordering her back. She didn't seem to be overly co operative, you never know what went on before she was hit by the policeman as the footage doesn't show that. Again, best to wait for the IPCC to come back with some findings.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Serious question, if you are an ordinary member of the public who assaults someone because you were provoked is this taken into consideration by the law if charges are made?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Serious question, if you are an ordinary member of the public who assaults someone because you were provoked is this taken into consideration by the law if charges are made?

Yes, one of the considerations before a decision on charge/caution. Not sure how much it changes the sentance when it gets put before the court though.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I reckon you'll find out that the "innocent" woman isn't as innocent as the media are making out...have you seen the video clip? The policeman clearly gives the protester a warning before he gets his baton out and the footage of the strike is irrelevant as it can be misconstrued.

I'm not defending the police, but you can't expect to go to a protest of this scale and not run the risk of getting injured.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If I ran up to a copper at football and shouted right in his face I'd expect a dig. If I then carried on I'd expect to feel a baton round my legs. Why are people getting their knickers in a twist over some unwashed bint getting a deserved slap?

A police f*** up 20 years ago today caused the death of 96 innocent people, some hippy getting a dig really doesn't bother me.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
If I ran up to a copper at football and shouted right in his face I'd expect a dig. If I then carried on I'd expect to feel a baton round my legs. Why are people getting their knickers in a twist over some unwashed bint getting a deserved slap?

A police f*** up 20 years ago today caused the death of 96 innocent people, some hippy getting a dig really doesn't bother me.

:thumbsup: As someone put above there hasn't been any stink made about the copper that got smashed over the head with what appeared to be a metal pole, no doubt the worst injury that anyone suffered on that day (minus the death of Ian Tomlinson).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here