Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funnell vs Revell - Albion's tough choice

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Who, in your opinion is the best Albion striker?

In the red corner, we have Simon Funnell, a striker who had huge potential who was allowed to leave way before he should have been after scoring a boxing-day cracker against Cambridge. Probably could have gone on to score 20 goals per season if he had been given the chance.

In the blue corner, we have Alex Revell, Albion's non-league goalscoring find of last season, who may or may not be a one-season wonder.

Who is the best?
???

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
P.s. Does anyone know what Funnell is doing these days? Is he still in football?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Revell by miles and miles and miles.. never in a million years would Funnell have scored 10 goals at a pro club, much less 20. He was good at the level he ended up at, but never would have achieved much as a pro.

As for the 'Boxing Day Cracker', it was actually a 'New Year's Day tap-in' from 2 yards after great work from Nogan - a man Funnell felt he should have been in the side ahead of! This on the day when the other 3 goals were scored by King Kurt!
It was Funnell's second and last goal for us and most were glad he was allowed to leave if memory serves.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
haha Funnell was gash, and if I remember rightly went on to be gash in non league as well.

How many goals did he score for the Albion ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Simon Funnell

I remember a game against Middboro in the coca cola cup (pre-prem I think) and he must have missed about 8 sitters that wet nite at the Goldstone.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Who, in your opinion is the best Albion striker?

In the red corner, we have Simon Funnell, a striker who had huge potential who was allowed to leave way before he should have been after scoring a boxing-day cracker against Cambridge. Probably could have gone on to score 20 goals per season if he had been given the chance.

You are joking right? He was absolute pony!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i thought this thread was a joke

funnell never impressed me

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he was last seen plying his trade at OAKWOOD in county one i believe, following a spell at three bridges

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here