Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funding Plans for College at Stadium Axed.

Mr Perry, who was chairman of City College Brighton and Hove's board while its plans were drawn up, launched a scathing attack on the LSC.

He said: "This is entirely down to the appalling management by the LSC which encouraged the colleges to go down this route.

"City College spent £4 million putting this bid together. For the LSC then to withdraw the funds, or not to have the money available, is unbelievable. The people responsible should be held to account."

His view was echoed by Tony Mernagh, chief executive of the Brighton and Hove Economic Partnership, who said the loss of investment was a major blow to the area.

I know from personal experience of providing a service in Brighton that is funded by Learning and Skills Council money that the way the LSC manages projects is an absolute disgrace. They seem to have no idea of the consequences of their dithering - which has been going on for YEARS.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hotel a la Reading...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
failing that move Arlington Raceway to Falmer instead, that'd REALLY piss the neighbours off :D

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
I know from personal experience of providing a service in Brighton that is funded by Learning and Skills Council money that the way the LSC manages projects is an absolute disgrace. They seem to have no idea of the consequences of their dithering - which has been going on for YEARS.

Sadly it seems the only people to benefit from this constant dithering are the people in power, lawyers etc arguing this and countless other cases and the people who charged £4 million (what the f*** is going on there by the way?) putting the case for the funding together. I'm not surprised. Another million here and there. It all counts up. I think they do have an idea of their consequences (to their well being and bank balance) but disregard or choose to forget the consequences to others.

Here we go again.

Seagull Stew

Sorry for sounding dumb here.

Does this affect the stadium in terms of:

a. funding
b. timeframe
c. planning consent
d. anything else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here