Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham Away - beware the front row

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

In my role at BHASC, I received this below from Leicester Foxes Trust fan group following their visit to the Cottage last week and thought it was worth sharing.
I know many people, who don't want to stand at away games, like to buy front row, and we go their on a Tuesday evening in December.

A Trust member purchased a front row seat in the away end at Fulham, for our match on Saturday. It appears she was sold a seat without a view of the pitch - see below a screen grab from the tweet sent to the Trust.

Foxes Trust will be raising a complaint with Fulham FC. However, be warned, if your members want a front row seat in the away end, in order for them to be be able to sit during the game, some seats don’t have a view of the pitch at all!

1724754531756.png

I can't load the video here. But you get the idea

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will be interesting if Fulham now sell these seats as restrictive view, or should that be no view.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Will be interesting if Fulham now sell these seats as restrictive view, or should that be no view.
They do sell them as RV as I bought one last season. They are ok if you stand up, which all our support did.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
To be fair that looks like a fine view of a cabinet, so if Fulham drew this to the attention of Cabinet and Street Furniture Monthly magazine, I think they could get a lot of interest in those seats.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There's a similar problem for the Vicarage Road Stand at Watford, in the home end, caused by leveling the pitch some years back. Some of the seats have no view of the pitch even if you stand! :facepalm:

Newcastle have sidestepped that issue by not leveling their pitch. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There's a similar problem for the Vicarage Road Stand at Watford, in the home end, caused by leveling the pitch some years back. Some of the seats have no view of the pitch even if you stand! :facepalm:

Newcastle have sidestepped that issue by not leveling their pitch. :facepalm: :facepalm:
I'm sure at the Victoria Ground in Stoke, your feet were below the level of the pitch. I remember at goal kicks your face was about level with the keeper's calves.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Be funny if the Fulham staff make you sit 😂😂
They only do that to the home fans.

One of the first things Mohamed Al Fayed did when he bought Fulham was improve pitch drainage by raising the whole thing up and putting drainage under it. There's quite a steep slope now which frequently catches out members of the away team who end up running into /over the hoardings.

If you can't stand for the whole game, then maybe the Albion ticket office needs to liaise with Fulham ticket office and find some non RV seats near the front to keep aside. It might be worth you ringing the Fulham ticket office for advice. (0203 871 0810).

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
To be fair that looks like a fine view of a cabinet, so if Fulham drew this to the attention of Cabinet and Street Furniture Monthly magazine, I think they could get a lot of interest in those seats.

Those sounds like excellent publications, I shall look them up. Some time ago I did work experience in Wadhurst for a company called KHL Publishing, who put out such riveting reads as 'Crane UK' and 'Construction Weekly'. I bet this is right up their alley.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This'll be me and my mate. He can't stand and so we always book front row seats. Having been to Fulham though, never had a problem. Is this because they've opened the new stand and moved the away fans further along?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
If we get Fulham away in the next round you could say that’ll be a top drawer especially with their big tall boys at the back. Mind you when we play them in the league we could end up top of the table. Sofa so good.

I shall now retire to my chaise longue! :blush: :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here