Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuel duty to rise from midnight

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
it was the hike in petrol prices 2 years back that started this recession!!!

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
thought the UK has struck an oil deal with libya for the release of Ali al-Megrahi, surley prices should be falling :glare:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
it was the hike in petrol prices 2 years back that started this recession!!!

Interesting theory. Complete nonsense but interesting non the same. It obviously had nothing to do with banks lending too much to those that could not afford it and everything to do with an increase in duty on a finite resource that is polluting the worlds atmosphere.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting theory. Complete nonsense but interesting non the same. It obviously had nothing to do with banks lending too much to those that could not afford it and everything to do with an increase in duty on a finite resource that is polluting the worlds atmosphere.

:lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
the rise was already announced in the budget , there will be another 3p increase in January due to VAT returning to 17.5%.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• budget_1390541c.jpg
    budget_1390541c.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 174

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Drive to Eastbourne five days a week and I've noticed myself filling up a lot more recently. £10 won't get me there and back even for two days now in my 1.4 306. It's a joke.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Is it going on diesel too or just petrol? Just back from the UK and noticed how painfully expensive your diesel prices.

Petrol wasn't as bad, only 13% more expensive for BP Ultimate vs. the 99 octane I use here. Diesel was about 40% higher than here!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What else are you suggesting to cover the record deficit? When I say cover, I mean make a mere chip into the £800bn or whatever it is...

But who is affected by these fuel tax increases?

Answer = everyone, from the richest to those living in poverty

Reason = The cost of living has to go up because higher fuel = higher food prices because lorries etc that transport it across the country become more expensive to run

There are other knock on effects too, so to think that, at a time when the Government needs to try to get people spending and stimulate growth in the market, this action could have the opposite effect and result in worsening the economy and therefore increase the need for extra Government spending, resulting in an even higher deficit, and could result in a deeper, longer ressession than we are already facing. There are other less damaging ways to raise extra funds.

If only the Government hadn't been so wasteful over the years with taxpayers money, and had the foresight to plan for the possibility of ressession, but they believed their own spin about the end of boom and bust so carried on spending public money like it was going out of fashion without offering real value to the taxpayer

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Panic at the pumps,yesterday at Morrisons,queing to get on the pumps. However at least Morrisons are holding back the increase for a further seven days.

Is it going on diesel too or just petrol? Just back from the UK and noticed how painfully expensive your diesel prices.

Petrol wasn't as bad, only 13% more expensive for BP Ultimate vs. the 99 octane I use here. Diesel was about 40% higher than here!

And UK diesel has just come down substantially in relation to petrol. A few months ago it was about 10p a litre more.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Panic at the pumps,yesterday at Morrisons,queing to get on the pumps. However at least Morrisons are holding back the increase for a further seven days.

Fantastic - I think I'll fill to the Brim on Friday then :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here