Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos or Albert?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
New boy seems keen to start against Leeds judging from his comments on other thread. But would you rather stick with Jarrett and feed his confidence than ditch him after such a great game on Monday?

I'd start with Albert for sure.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Definetely. It's his place and he can keep it by being consistent. Frutos has to prove he is worth a place.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
We are already getting stick from another team

Brighton bring down your new signing fruity and all the other sweeties
:eek:

:lolol:

That made me laugh

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
How are we meant to know, I doubt anyone here's ever seen Fruity play.

My point exactly. Why play him from the off when we don't know what he's like. The lads gelled superbly on Monday, so why break them up now? Leave Albert in, and let Fruity chew it out in the reserves / on the bench for a bit so he's really fired up. If Albert has a 'mare then bingo, one in the wings. But Albert needs out faith atm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Missing the point.
Whether its Albert or Fruity, this signing will surely mean that Hammond can stay in the centre of midfield where he belongs.

Good work Mr M

:clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Missing the point.
Whether its Albert or Fruity, this signing will surely mean that Hammond can stay in the centre of midfield where he belongs.

Good work Mr M

My thoughts exactly.

Easy 10 said:
Missing the point.

Good work Mr M

As long as we can get someone else to replace his 6 goals in about 14 or 15 appearances from the left, that should work out fine :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
As long as we can get someone else to replace his 6 goals in about 14 or 15 appearances from the left, that should work out fine :)
Would you say Hammond was more, or less, effective alongside Chippy on Monday then ? Personally I thought he was excellent, and did everything I hoped he would from a central position. He was far more involved, and for once we actually had a grip on midfield. With so much pace down BOTH flanks (as well as up front), it paid dividends. OK, Plymouth were poor, but I think Chippy and Hammond ran the show, got their foot in, and allowed the likes of Albert, Leon, Jake and Carole to do their stuff.

He'll still get goals. He's a big powerful lad who goes up for the set pieces, so I don't see how moving him inside will constrict his ability to arrive in the box at the right time. He absolutely MUST stay in central midfield, there's no two ways about it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Hammond will need to work on his defensive skills though if he's gonna play in the middle with Carpenter - neither of those two are really ballwinners, similar to playing Lampard and Gerrard together for England.
You're kidding right ? Hammond not a ballwinner ? He got his tackle in more times than Hugh Heffner on a calender shoot. Plymouths players were closed down and harried at every turn and were never allowed to settle.

I accept that tougher challenges lie ahead, but nothing I've seen so far suggests to me that the HAMM won't be up to it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Well he could have quite easily had 2 on Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here