Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frozen Planet BBC1 is brilliant....

D

Deleted User X18H

....but can't help thinking, after watching the Polar Bear fight off loads of rivals to shag his 'mate', then after he'd done the deed, pissing off, and unlikely ever to see his cubs, that they drew the inspiration for it from Moulscoombe!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
She was a bit of a prick tease though. Leading him into the mountains and making him wait till no one else around.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
This has been great so far, watching it in HD as well which is a bonus.

By far the best TV I've seen in a while.

And agreed, that polar bear was a shhlllag.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
These sort of programmes, are about the only thing the BBC does well. Incredible pictures, and Attenborough's presentation is unrivaled.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Incredible photography.

Oct 25, 2003
These sort of programmes, are about the only thing the BBC does well. Incredible pictures, and Attenborough's presentation is unrivaled.

the bbc is incredible at nature programmes........in fact probably the best in the world. I went to a kind of "audience with" type thing with david attenborough a few years back, and he was saying that the nature department are based in bristol, not london, and are pretty much left to get on with it, and can be a lot more creative than other departments

DA is a brilliant presenter....i was surprised to actually see him on camera for frozen planet, as for "life" and "planet earth" he wasn't really, but big respect to him for hanging out at the bloody south pole at his age

it'll be a massive shame when he retires.....who the f*** can do that job as well as him? i was thinking about this earlier, and stephen fry did a good job on "ocean giants" a few months ago, and like attenborough, he has a lovely voice and brilliant way with words....it HAS to be someone posh, that much i do know

Oct 25, 2003
as for the programme itself, well killer whales and polar bears are always good value...would've liked to see a nice polar bear HUNT, although i have seen it before

and i bloody love watching killer whales hunt.......it's SO impressive. They'e literally the perfect killing MACHINE

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The ten minute 'Making Of' segment at the end really brings it home what a breathtaking achievement each one hour episode is. Easy to completely overlook if you weren't made aware of it, but the preparation and execution of, say, flying over/diving under/abseiling into that volcano was stunning.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
it'll be a massive shame when he retires.....who the f*** can do that job as well as him? i was thinking about this earlier, and stephen fry did a good job on "ocean giants" a few months ago, and like attenborough, he has a lovely voice and brilliant way with words....it HAS to be someone posh, that much i do know

Danny Dyer I reckon

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The one thing missing from the show was of the killer whales eating that cameraman and his crew for invading their privacy. I'd have liked their look of amazement as the orcas popped up for breath to have been followed by another pod of them on skis behind them to nudge the smug humans into the icy brine and the bloody banquet to have kicked-off from there.
It always speaks, such programming, of our endless likeness to beasts we pretend we're nothing like. Those bison were thrown into panic and begin to run insanely to save themselves. To me it spoke of financial crisis, the weakest being trampled on. And also of the sometimes wolves of NSC that just have to create the smell of blood for the majority to scream and cry frantically defending their rights to be the animals they are.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
the prog was amazing.... but i obv still have hang ups back to my childhood - it wasnt dr who that used to freak me out, but watching animals hunt and kill..... i still had to avert my eyes when the wolves pounced.... and as for the whales and the poor seal.................... eeeeeeeeeeeeeek. im such a girl in these cases!

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom

I am not a fan of "celebrities" presenting nature/science programmes, I would rather have an expert in the field. That is why DA scores so highly - not only is he an expert, but he is articulate too - I suspect that Stephen Fry, for all his "intelligence" is not an expert on whales!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here