Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From today's National's

Yoda

English & European
Mirror:

5 October 2005

SO BRIGHT FOR DIEGO
By Lee West

DIEGO MARADONA and Ossie Ardiles confirmed they are interested in investing in Brighton - if the club gets the go-ahead for a new ground.

The former Argentina legends are waiting on a decision by John Prescott later this month on the club's plans for a 22,000-seater stadium at Falmer. Even if the Seagulls are given the thumbs up, they would still need to raise £25m to finance the construction.
Maradona and Ardiles have held preliminary talks with Brighton chairman Dick Knight.

Ardiles, at home in Spain, said: "It would be great to come back to English football. It is a possibility. We will have to see what happens."
-------------------------------------------------------
The Times :

October 05, 2005

Maradona considers giving Brighton a helping hand
BY BILL EDGAR

THE hand of God may soon be writing cheques to Brighton & Hove Albion. Diego Maradona, along with Osvaldo Ardiles, his fellow former Argentina player, is considering an investment in the Coca-Cola Championship club if they receive permission to build a new stadium.

Brighton say they have yet to be contacted by the pair, but the club are seeking backing should they be given the go-ahead to build a 22,000-seat stadium in Falmer.

Ardiles said that he and Maradona were keen to be involved in English football. “It is a possibility,” Ardiles, the former Tottenham Hotspur player and manager, said. Steve Perryman and Paul Miller, former team-mates of Ardiles at White Hart Lane, brokered the possible deal in the belief that Brighton have potential.

However, Martin Perry, the club’s chief executive, said that he had heard nothing from the pair. “We have had no contact with either Ossie Ardiles or Diego Maradona,” he said.
------------------------------------------------------------

??? :glare: ???

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
gooooooooooo OZZY!

Finished with my woman ’cause she couldn’t help me with my mind
People think I’m insane because I am browning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I’ll lose my mind if I don’t find something to pacify

Can you help me thought you were my friend
Whoah yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can’t find
I can’t see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it’s too late

punk:

Last edited:

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Yoda said:
Mirror:

5 October 2005

SO BRIGHT FOR DIEGO
By Lee West

DIEGO MARADONA and Ossie Ardiles confirmed they are interested in investing in Brighton - if the club gets the go-ahead for a new ground.

??? :glare: ???

I'm sorry but why would they want to do that!

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Re: Re: From today's National's

D'Angelo Saxon said:

:D

They forgot to mention Ghandi, Russell Grant, Sting, Plato, David Seaman, Su Pollard, Spiderman, a crab, Molly Ringwald and Spinderella being there too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My local newsagent told me that Maradona was in there asking for his copy of the Argus this morning. ;)
I asked if Elvis had been in for his too :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here