Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

from the argus

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Poyet slams his slow starters

10:46pm Tuesday 23rd October 2012 in Albion By Phil Mchunt

Gus Poyet tonight accused his Albion side of being too slow out of traps against the leaders.

The Seagulls boss felt it took until the second half for his men to really get going in the 1-0 defeat to Leicester.

Albion were sunk by a tenth-minute Andy King strike.

They failed to trouble home goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel until after the break.

Poyet said: "Every player in any league in the world should be ready to start the game against the leaders of the division.

"We should be expecting a little bit more. We created nothing in the first half.

"It looked like we were happy to be losing 1-0 because we kept passing the ball and not committing forward until we told them.

"When we told them at half-time they decided to start attacking and then there was only one team on the pitch until we opened up and left a few breaks to the opposition."

Albion have netted just once in their last five games.

Poyet added: "How are we going to score? Who knows?"

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Keeping his cards close to his chest by the looks of it - good as then it doesnt give Blackpool any ideas. Bad as it doesnt exactly reassure any fans that the lack of goals will be sorted.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

That line is undefendable.

If our manager does know how we are going to score. Maybe it time to find one who does.

He really is not helping his cause with these stupid f***ing comments week after week.

Mod Edit

It's starting to get out of hand now.

FOR EVERYONES SAKE. SORT IT OUT

Even your most loyal arselickers tongues must be drying out after that comment :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

If our manager does know how we are going to score. Maybe it time to find one who does.

He really is not helping his cause with these stupid f***ing comments week after week.

Mod Edit of quote.

Even your most loyal arselickers tongues must be drying out after that comment :lol:

Well for starters Gus drop Barnes and have some balls and play 442

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Mod Edit of Quote.

What's an opposite of an arselicker? Let me know and I'll know what to label you and if we ae lacking about comments week after week well..look at yours

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
O..and up pops his friend Haha
Okay Jamie

So answer me one question.

Does it not worry you, when the manager of your team states to the press "How are we going to score? Who knows?"

It sets major alarm bells ringing he
a) that he said it and meant it or
b) that he said it but didnt mean it.

Keep the faith. How can we when the manager has clearly lost it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Okay Jamie

So answer me one question.

Does it not worry you, when the manager of your team states to the press "How are we going to score? Who knows?"

It sets major alarm bells ringing he
a) that he said it and meant it or
b) that he said it but didnt mean it.

Keep the faith. How can we when the manager has clearly lost it?

Jamie? Hmmm ..tbh no...it's a throwaway comment...said after the game when the guy is clearly frustrated with our third one nil defeat out of five and only one goal scored by us....I don't see that as indefensible (the comment)..you've plucked one line out a interview ..most of which Owen hasn't probably bothered to write to suit an argument ....so the answer is I don't think he's lost it...but I appreciate the question

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Jamie? Hmmm ..tbh no...it's a throwaway comment...said after the game when the guy is clearly frustrated with our third one nil defeat out of five and only one goal scored by us....I don't see that as indefensible (the comment)..you've plucked one line out a interview ..most of which Owen hasn't probably bothered to write to suit an argument ....so the answer is I don't think he's lost it...but I appreciate the question
So its just a throw away comment it is Kamie. That's okay then. Maybe someone at the club needs to have a word, when you just had your 5th game without a win, and entering another winless streak that you are now becoming famous for, maybe smart arse "throw away" comments are not the wisest thing to do.

If he's frustrated with it, may I suggest he sorts it out. He is the manager, and if he keeps slogging away with a system that isn't working, someone somewhere may even label him a one trick pony. Because I haven't seen many other tricks being used to get us out of this run.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So its just a throw away comment it is Kamie. That's okay then. Maybe someone at the club needs to have a word, when you just had your 5th game without a win, and entering another winless streak that you are now becoming famous for, maybe smart arse "throw away" comments are not the wisest thing to do.

If he's frustrated with it, may I suggest he sorts it out. He is the manager, and if he keeps slogging away with a system that isn't working, someone somewhere may even label him a one trick pony. Because I haven't seen many other tricks being used to get us out of this run.

Keep ranting ...night

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Keep ranting ...night
I Will

Because what's makes it so annoying, Poyet IS capable of being a f***ing top top class manager. When his style works, its virtually unplayable. If only he would accept that pretty football 100% of the time is not the answer, then he would become a legend.

If his ego won't allow that (and I struggle to see what else it can be) then he'll be a f***ing good golfer by the end of the season. He knows football inside out, and is so clever in a lot of ways. So why in other ways can he be so f***ing thick, when the obvious is not only starring him in the face, its positively kicking him in the bollocks.

I'm a 100% certain he knows how to change it. I'm far less certain that he will. And thats why IMO if he doesn't he'll be gone.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
FFS we were too slow out the traps on Saturday at home! We've missed the break too many times at the AMEX.
Leicester are nothing special at at all, this league is ther for the taking if we can get it together. :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here