Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friends finally finishes

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good riddance. Mildly amusing for two series - boring same old shite for the next eight years.

A spin off series called Joey is about to be made. Dumb 30 something brawny tosser goes about his business with HILARIOUS consequences. Yawn. I think I'd rather watch it if the star was Joey DEACON.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thank heavens - what a pile of sh1te that program is

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
watching Paramount Comedy Channel a year or two ago they had 2 sitcoms about friends who lived near each other (filmed in the 80's), it seems as though this Friends was the one that hit the bigtime...thats sooooooo like......kewl or something! :glare:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Utter, complete, total, unfunny rubbish. Good riddance. Burn every single 'Friends' video, DVD and book and let's try and pretend it never happened.

Oh, and KILL Phoebe!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Oh, come on! Pheobe's "Smelly Cat" is a classic! Hilarity ensues everytime he picks up her guitar! And, it's like so true to life. Could it be anymore accurate to real life situations?

Hang on a minute. I'm talking shite again.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indefatigable said:
I don't think it is aimed at you lot.
True. We're all educated, intelligent and I guessing - all male. It must be a girl thing. Mrs Brovian quite like it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Oh, come on! Pheobe's "Smelly Cat" is a classic! Hilarity ensues everytime he picks up her guitar! And, it's like so true to life. Could it be anymore accurate to real life situations?

Hang on a minute. I'm talking shite again.
I just cry with laughter every time she sings. Marvellous scenes. :glare:

And the weeping continues when Joey gets the wrong end of the stick and Monica acts like a frustrated control freak. :nono:

With hilarious consequences. :yawn:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I quite like friends, its easy to watch innofensive TV which is far better than a lot of the rubbish on TV. I even laugh at it occasionally.

My missus loves it

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Oh, how I shall miss the upwards inflection at the end of every statement made during the show.

Oh, no, hang on a minute. I won't becuase everyone does it now. :angry:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
tinx said:
I quite like friends, its easy to watch innofensive TV which is far better than a lot of the rubbish on TV. I even laugh at it occasionally.

ditto that.

not bad to watch, doesnt take any effort and is pretty funny in parts..

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I like it. It's amusing and it has Jennifer Aniston in it :p

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh ok, we'll have our own episode here:

Establishing shot, still of Coffee Bar 'Central Perk' to indicate to all the thick morons that the next scene is taking place in a coffee shop and not for example a nuclear submarine.

Ross: "Oh Joey's not here!"
(Laughter)

Cut to next establishing shot, raked angle shot of apartment block, same reason.

Ross (opening door of apartment) "And he's not here either!"
(More laughter. Twice as much as before)
Phoebe: "Are you looking for JOEY?"
(Gales of laughter and ecstacic applause)

There, classic stuff. Bet it brings back happy memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here