Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fridays Debate: Is it right to punch a woman?

Is it right to punch a woman?

• Yes if the circumstances are justified

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I'll sit on the fence as I usually do when decent debate threads appear

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • No even if it is justified you should never hit a woman

Votes: 41 63.1%

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
They wanted equal rights...they got 'em!

Is it time for women to appreciate that they are a part in society and if they strike out at a bloke its only fair if the bloke hits back?

discuss...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Indefatigable said:
you have been spending too much time with the wrong people.

if you hav'nt got anything good to say dont say anything at all :wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Only arseholes, cowards and bullies would ever strike a woman. Men are physically stronger, and no matter how much she laughs at your small willy Crabbers there is no excuse for slapping her.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
Only arseholes, cowards and bullies would ever strike a woman. Men are physically stronger, and no matter how much she laughs at your small willy Crabbers there is no excuse for slapping her.

ignoring the truth......eerr quote about my willy!
WHAT if the woman in question is a 6'6" body builder who come upto you for no reason and just smaked you in the face, would you strike back then? is it OK to strike back then?

I'm not talking about petty blokes beating up their wives, this is about if they feel they can hit a bloke then they should be able to take a hit themselves.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
CrabtreeBHA said:
WHAT if the woman in question is a 6'6" body builder who come upto you for no reason and just smaked you in the face, would you strike back then? is it OK to strike back then?

I'm not talking about petty blokes beating up their wives, this is about if they feel they can hit a bloke then they should be able to take a hit themselves.

Simple answer is No. If a 6'6" female body builder gave me a punch I would run away, but the simple answer to anyone who advocates hitting a woman is No, never, period.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
Simple answer is No. If a 6'6" female body builder gave me a punch I would run away, but the simple answer to anyone who advocates hitting a woman is No, never, period.

alright then a woman your height/build starts attacking you for no reason and you cant run away...what ya gonna do sit there and take it? rubbish...you should hit back and give her a taste of your own medicine, why get beaten up just because society thinks its "wrong and should never happen", if getting beaten up you have a right to hit back and should do no matter whether the person doing the beating up is male or female.

CrabtreeBHA said:
They wanted equal rights...they got 'em!
Everyone has the right not to be punched.

Am I alone in finding it totally unacceptable to resort to physical violence in any interpersonal relationship?

Why do men think it's right to punch out? EVER? Even among themselves?

In fact, I find this thread so offensive, I'm inclined to delete it. Any views?

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
delete it? its a discussion and typical pub chat that may and or will spring up in your life. We had threads on holigans that never got deleted and that was about violence. jesus :shootself

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Re: Re: Fridays Debate: Is it right to punch a woman?

Lord Bracknell said:
Everyone has the right not to be punched.

Am I alone in finding it totally unacceptable to resort to physical violence in any interpersonal relationship?

Why do men think it's right to punch out? EVER? Even among themselves?

I fully agree with you Lord B. I thought that this subject had been exhausted yestereday on NSP but obviously not.

Any form of fighting is disgusting but its only the lowest of the low to hit a woman whatever the circumatances were.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

simnom

Aug 21, 2003
In Bed
Re: Re: Fridays Debate: Is it right to punch a woman?

Lord Bracknell said:

If we're talking rights, surely we have the right to debate this?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
no no no is my opinion . . . .having said that an old school freind of mine got beaten up by two girls once, he wouldnt fight back . . .they where right meatheaded mingers, rough as f*** . . .they looked like they'd already done a few rounds . . . I think he was an idiot for not defending himself !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Fridays Debate: Is it right to punch a woman?

Shegull said:
I fully agree with you Lord B. I thought that this subject had been exhausted yestereday on NSP but obviously not.

Any form of fighting is disgusting but its only the lowest of the low to hit a woman whatever the circumatances were.

1) getting feedback and debate from a wider audience

2) you walk upto me in the street (not knowing me obviously for examples sake) and smack me in the chops for no reason...am I not allowed to hit back because "its not right to hit a woman"? rubbish I say, thats the point of this thread

3) I used that as an example Shegull you know I love you :kiss:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
firstly, no i have never hit a woman and wouldn't ever.

Crabtree does bring up some situations where i might think i had the right to though BUT these hypothetical situations are a bit pointless.
A 6'6" body builder woman is not actually gonna come and hit you for no reason.
It is like saying: would you shag your brother up the bum if a gun was held to HIS head and he was gonna be shot by a terrorist if you didn't. It is not realistically gonna happen so it is a bit pointless debating it.

and, no, don't close this thread. freedom of speech innit?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You can defend yourself without hitting a woman, unless of course you fall into the arsehole/bully/coward category.

There is as much likelihood of a woman randomly walking up to you and smacking you as there is of David Lee playing for England, so it is a facile and flaccid argument.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
alright then the 6'6" and hitting for no reason is abit far fetched, how about this one and this does happen quite alot between men!

In a nightclub out the corner of your eye you see a girl (your height/weight/whatever) giving you "the evils" you turn away until you feel a tap on the shoulder "got a problem mate?" she asks as she begins to shove you before giving you a smack on the nose. Now for arguments sake the bouncers are nowhere to be seena dnshe begins to lay into you....do you hit back? (no escape as shes cornered you aswell...shes clever! )

This happens all the time between men in clubs up and down the country before you make petty excuses!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here