Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeview recorders

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anyone able to recommend a recorder for Freeview (similar to a Sky+ box?) Preferably not too pricey!

Jul 20, 2003
I don't get a good enough signal where I am, but a mate paid £120 a couple of months back for the self same machine and he's pretty happy

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
pevenseagull said:
I don't get a good enough signal where I am, but a mate paid £120 a couple of months back for the self same machine and he's pretty happy

You don't have enough signal for Freeview presumably? I take it the box doesn't need a stronger signal?

(Have freeview downstairs and that works fine).

Ta :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Can highly recommened the Humax PVR9200T - brilliant little box.

The PVR9200T has a built-in 160GB HDD and 2 freeview tuners. You can record one channel while watching another, record 2 different channels at the same time or record 2 different channels at the same time while watching a 3rd (as long as the 3rd channel is on the same mux as one of the channels being recorded). In addition, it has a USB 2.0 port to allow you to upload saved recordings to a PC.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24562&highlight=humax

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
avoid the Pace box- that was my first try, and it was woeful..

I currently have a Panasonic (£40 or so? maybe cheaper now..)- double heads(!), so you can view(& record!) one channel, and record another at the same time.. also pause 'live' tv.. v useful to speed thru the ads!

seems to be ok, as long as you dont change channels too quickly..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here