Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free anti-virus

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I gave up with AVG as it was (according to Vista) causing my PC to crash. Now installed avast, which seems pretty good, and it no longer crashes :clap2:

Should have got rid of Vista instead:D It is so rarely used in business as it is so unreliable and conflicts with all sorts of other programs.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Should have got rid of Vista instead:D It is so rarely used in business as it is so unreliable and conflicts with all sorts of other programs.

Vista is actually starting to creep into organisations. I have AVG on this old XP laptop but the new Vista PC I am building will use Kaspersky. Whilst it's not free I bought my copy for £18 (new) on Ebay and that also includes firewall, antispam and anti spyware components. The fact that it was voted best by PC Pro magazine did rather influence my decision.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

SNAP! Have used ot for a couple of years now and have not had any problems so I can only assume it's good!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
AVG have a new version out, I just upgraded to v8 - maybe thats better with Vista? Certainly looks a lot cooler now..

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
AVG 8 works fine on my PC which has XP. Also on the wife's which has Vista.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here