Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddy Shepherd - ABSOLUTE COCK !!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
** rant mode on **

What an absolute cock this bloke is. Going on about how premier league clubs should and will eventually run the whole of football, how he doesn't give a shit about clubs on lower leagues, and abdicating any responsibility for them.

If people like him were allowed to run football as they wanted it, we'd be down to less than twenty professional clubs in the country in no time at all. The FA should bring him to task for comments like this.

Here's a choice quote..

"Many of these other clubs will have to go part-time. When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division."

Full Report On BBC

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
yes, he is a complete and utter shit. I hate premiershit chairman almost as much as I hate spurs. Self satisfying, smug cn uts.

I like Newcastle but comments like this make me hope they do a leeds...............

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
What an absolute dick. Sums up Newcastle nicely though.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
He's just seeing football in this country as a business, with smaller clubs as competitors that couldn't hack it, that's all. I don't think he's said anything THAT bad, that's just the way his mind works.

I think he just lacks an understanding of what football clubs, whether it be Man Utd of Macclesfield, mean to their supporters and local communities. If he understood this, he wouldn't make such potentially provocative remarks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolute arsehole.
Its not all that long ago that Newcastle were in the old D2, playing to crowds of 8,000 at St James before the "Keegan Revolution" came. Shepherd is fairly typical of the self-serving Premiership clubs who couldn't give a flying f*** at a rolling donut about anything except their own bloated balance sheets.

In a game which generates countless millions each year for 20 clubs, it is utterly obscene that the other 72 clubs have to try to survive off the crumbs, and you have clubs like Wrexham going to the wall for the sake of £800k. Not that the likes of Shepherd gives a shit.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Set of Tracksuits said:
I don't think he's said anything THAT bad

So you don't think comments like these are "that bad" then ?

"Large and financially successful football clubs should not be concerned about those struggling at the lower end of the industry"

"Mr Shepherd said executives of Premiership clubs striving for success did not have time to worry about lower division outfits"

"The big fight will be for the Premier League to take over the running of the other leagues"

"The others can't hold us back"

"The last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division."

"There is no sympathy here."

Last edited:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I just mean that he's a self-centred businessman who views football like any other industry and has no regard for smaller "competitors".

Whether or not a man like that should be involved in football is debatable, but I think he simply doesn't understand that way that football works outside of the Premiership. I don't think he would really WANT smaller clubs going bust.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'd suggest that no club below Newcastle in the league ever sells them a player again.

TWAT!

This is Newcastle United right to the bottom of my clubs I have repect for list. Just above Man Utd.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lammy said:
I'd suggest that no club below Newcastle in the league ever sells them a player again.

TWAT!

This is Newcastle United right to the bottom of my clubs I have repect for list. Just above Man Utd.

Why should you tar the entire club with the same brush? Engage your anger on the sole man but keep the respect for the rest...or something :)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wasn't it him that made the comments about Newcastle fans being mugs for paying 40 quid for shirts that cost a fiver to make?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Did I understand right ? How can he on one hand suggest it is a dog eats dog market.....and then go on to complain about Abramovich destorting the transfer market and players wanting too much money...???

The guy is a cock!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
_40576307_shepherd203_pa.jpg

"I think it is dog-eat-dog," he said. "The big fight will be for the Premier League to take over the running of the other leagues.

Why on earth should the Premier League run the lower leagues? What exactly has it got to do with them?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
CrabtreeBHA said:
Why should you tar the entire club with the same brush? Engage your anger on the sole man but keep the respect for the rest...or something :)

Do you shop at Focus DIY?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Repugnant Toad said:
Why on earth should the Premier League run the lower leagues? What exactly has it got to do with them?

And he says himslef in the same interview... ""The last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division."

What a knobster!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Didn't he also say something about the women of Newcastle being dogs or sommat?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's settled it. I want Newcastle down here in the Cup.

It is always a first choice anyrate, a club with a big reputation and not so good on the pitch.

We have done them over twice on their own pitch in the Cup, in 1983, and 1986 and of course won in the League in 1979, and we have beaten them quite a few times.

Of course, there will be loads of moaning about Withdean.

I would have liked to borrow a neutral venue like Stamford Bridge for such a day, but I do not know if this sort of thing is allowed?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here