Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FourFourTwo - October

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Full page interview with Russell Slade in their 'Planet Football' section.

:thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
where did you buy it? I've searched everywhere for it these last couple of days?

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
f***ing hell at last an interview or something about Brighton:thumbsup::yahoo: Been getting 4-4-2 about a year and theres be one interview with Carpenter and thats it

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
where did you buy it? I've searched everywhere for it these last couple of days?

Not due on the shelves until tomorrow, but I subscribe and occasionally get it a day in advance.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I got mine in the post today, excellent article about Real/Barca, and the decline of Serie A. The Slade interview does mention a feel good factor sweeping through the club - the interview must be from July then

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I got mine in the post today, excellent article about Real/Barca, and the decline of Serie A. The Slade interview does mention a feel good factor sweeping through the club - the interview must be from July then

:lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
f***ing hell at last an interview or something about Brighton:thumbsup::yahoo: Been getting 4-4-2 about a year and theres be one interview with Carpenter and thats it

That is clearly bollocks. I've written at least four features / interviews on Brighton for them. And there was the superb 'Beautiful South' piece on our rivalry with Palace.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It's a way of defrauding unsuspecting buyers in the last days of the month by falsely claiming to be newly published. It's about time that the trades descriptions legislation was enforced in this respect.

so it something goes on sale in the middle of the month then for the last two weeks of it's on sale (assuming that it is a monthly title) then it looks out of date. How would that be fair to the publisher then? Your argument is senseless.

so it something goes on sale in the middle of the month then for the last two weeks of it's on sale (assuming that it is a monthly title) then it looks out of date. How would that be fair to the publisher then? Your argument is senseless.

How does something look out of date if it is the October issue and actually available in October? If I went to the news agent today, I wouldn't buy a paper dated Thursday 3rd September would I? But surely I should, by your logic, as if I buy one with today's date on it it will be out of date?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
How does something look out of date if it is the October issue and actually available in October? QUOTE]

simple - the magazine is on sale for a month. If it goes on sale on the 15th September then it is still on sale up until 14th October. Therefore to have a cover date of September would potentially lose the publisher revenue, hence they don't do it (they are' after all, businesses). It's not defrauding the consumer - most of us, as you have pointed out, are able to make our own decisions because we have a modicum of intelligence.

Last edited:

simple - the magazine is on sale for a month. If it goes on sale on the 15th September then it is still on sale up until 14th October. Therefore to have a cover date of September would potentially lose the publisher revenue, hence they don't do it (they are' after all, businesses). It's not defrauding the consumer - most of us, as you have pointed out, are able to make our own decisions because we have a modicum of intelligence. It's not rocket science.

Wait a minute - that's not what I posted. We are talking in this case about a magazine dated 'October', being on sale from 2nd September to the 1st October. The ONLY reason that they publish on the 2nd of the month is so that they can fulfull the necessary requirements to put 'October' on the front cover. Here's something controversial; why not publish the magazine on 1st September, with 'September' on the cover, and the next edition 1st October, with 'October' on the front?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Wait a minute - that's not what I posted. We are talking in this case about a magazine dated 'October', being on sale from 2nd September to the 1st October. The ONLY reason that they publish on the 2nd of the month is so that they can fulfull the necessary requirements to put 'October' on the front cover. Here's something controversial; why not publish the magazine on 1st September, with 'September' on the cover, and the next edition 1st October, with 'October' on the front?

but you used the example of 442 to make a sweeping generalisation about all publishers. And do you seriously think that all magazines /publications should go on sale on the same day every month? I think that you would find that logistically implausible for numerous reasons.

For the record - most titles that are considered to be monthly are actually poblished on a rolling 4 weekly basis - hence the on sale moves progressively forward through the month as the year goes on. Therefore making accurate monthly descriptions nigh on impossible.

but you used the example of 442 to make a sweeping generalisation about all publishers. And do you seriously think that all magazines /publications should go on sale on the same day every month? I think that you would find that logistically implausible for numerous reasons.

For the record - most titles that are considered to be monthly are actually poblished on a rolling 4 weekly basis - hence the on sale moves progressively forward through the month as the year goes on. Therefore making accurate monthly descriptions nigh on impossible.

I don't know if you are deliberately missing the point or not. I have no problem with a magazine being published with the publication date which represents the majority of the market for the magazine. What I do have a problem with is magazines taking the piss and attempting to appear 'ahead of the game' by printing entirely misleading publication dates on their magazines.

As a point of interest, the 'pre-season' edition was apparently published on 31st July The season starts here - FourFourTwos Inside Track - FourFourTwo
, yet carried the date 'September 2009' so they are hardly the unfortunate denizens of fate with father time working against them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here