Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four Lions

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Anyone else caught this film yet? Directed by Chris Morris - one of the funniest things I've watched this year...

[yt]yGk2TojOd-4[/yt]

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I saw it last week! Really, really enjoyed it. Was a bit apprehensive about seeing it as, being a big fan of Chris Morris, I really WANTED it to be good, but suspected that it might not be. Was pleasantly surprised to be honest, was very funny albeit in a slightly, un-Morris way.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Saw it on Monday night. Well worth watching.

Everyone's gone on about Chris Morris, though I felt there was more Peep Show-style jokes than Chris Morris gags (it was co-written with Peep Show writers Sam Bain & Jesse Armstrong), such as the unsuitable music references (there's an on-running joke featuring a particularly shit pop record from a Sussex act about ten years ago), and a lot of the dialogue lent itself to Jez and Mark as well I thought.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
***SPOILERS***
i went in with high expectations and........ was hugely disappointed. criminally unfunny and just stupid - if you're going to be offensive and in bad taste (which i expected) YOU MUST BE FUNNY - a total fail. i have a very dark sense of humour, i'm a big fan of todd solondz's Happiness (an intelligent and funny film featuring a sympathetically portrayed paeodophile that make's you both laugh and think) but apart from a funny chewbacca-moment, this film was an embarassment for chris morris. a big surprise, don't follow the hipsters, it's rubbish!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rubber dinghy rapids, bruv.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went to see it a week or so ago and found it funny in places, but so ridiculously unrealistic that it made no real point. Ok Morris made me sympathise with the main character, but he didn't make me want him to successfully blow people up, or believe for a second in him being a reflection of a shallow and faulty reality. Omar's sidekicks were too mentally ill to make their idiocy authentic and more ticklesome.
It was ok.
I would agree that it might be one of the funniest films of the year, but for me it has to be in competition for such a title with mostly unhilarious stuff like Hot tub Time Machine and Whip It. Dogtooth was grimly and shockingly funnier.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
***SPOILERS***
i went in with high expectations and........ was hugely disappointed. criminally unfunny and just stupid - if you're going to be offensive and in bad taste (which i expected) YOU MUST BE FUNNY - a total fail. i have a very dark sense of humour, i'm a big fan of todd solondz's Happiness (an intelligent and funny film featuring a sympathetically portrayed paeodophile that make's you both laugh and think) but apart from a funny chewbacca-moment, this film was an embarassment for chris morris. a big surprise, don't follow the hipsters, it's rubbish!

Possibly the most POMPOUS statement ever made on NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here