Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forty Notes Fund - Karaoke Night Anyone?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
40 notes kareoke night???GOOD IDEA??

Myself and Gareth aka Brighton Boy have thought about organising a 40notes kareoke night.

it'll be a laugh and all for the albion

we can borrow/hire a kareoke machine off somebody and have a pay on the door thing at the venue

do u think this is a good idea

i dopubt we'll raise loads of money but it'll be fun

comments here pls.

xx

fatboy has since told me this has been mentioned before so lets make it happen!!

artois - make it sticky if u want - (the thread - nothing else!)

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I would come along to this, would be a good laugh, just shame i haven't got a good signing voice, but would deffinetly be a good thing!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i could be half time entertainment!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
filthy said:
I would come along to this, would be a good laugh, just shame i haven't got a good signing voice, but would deffinetly be a good thing!
Filthy, your singing was excellent at Tranmere !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my kinda event this is, count me in punk:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Rougvie said:
Filthy, your singing was excellent at Tranmere !

The first three syllables anyway.

I expect I would come along and get :drink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i need help to get a venue and karepke machine so if anyone can help pls let me no

i'll prob bring along some Heathfield mates

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wow - what a great idea. :thumbsup:

All the 40 Notes stuff is organised through myself, Harty and a fella called Doug Clarke. That way we can monitor what is going on - i.e. income and expenditure. The 40 Notes Fund is, erm, not yet a registered charity, so technically, we are liable for tax etc. so we have to be a wee bit careful.

I could possibly get upstairs at the King & Queen once again. They were only too happy to do away with their hire fee for the Albion cause. The upstairs holds 100. We may even be able to get an extension.

Suggest that everyone pays, say, £1.50/£2.00 on the door to get in, and then pays another £2.50/£3.00 per song they wish to sing. At three minutes per song, plus change around, you could get 15 songs per hour - 60 songs a night. :sick: You can work out the figures. Throw in a raffle - and who knows what you may get.

We can put together the advertisements, publicity with the 40 Notes logo etc. Organising this stuff is a piece of piss, really. There is just so much of it. You can never tell people too many times.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The K&Q should be happy to do it as I am sure we will donate just as much money into their till as we manage to raise!:drink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WE LOVE U BRIGHTON :clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Large One said:
Suggest that everyone pays, say, £1.50/£2.00 on the door to get in, and then pays another £2.50/£3.00 per song they wish to sing. At three minutes per song, plus change around, you could get 15 songs per hour - 60 songs a night. :sick: You can work out the figures. Throw in a raffle - and who knows what you may get.

It should be a good money-spinner but you'll never get 15 songs an hour in. Someone's bound to do something like American Pie or I Will Survive - someone always does I Will Survive.

But even at a conservative 10 songs an hour for four hours, at £3.00 a song, that's £120 on top of any money for admission fee. Should raise a few bob.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes I would join in with that.

I can thoroughly recommend Dover and another Albion fan as Lofty & Sgt Williams (It aint half hot Mum)

Locky is a poor man's Frank Sinatra :lol:

poke

Oct 19, 2003
sounds good, il'd be up for this

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
Yes I would join in with that.

I can thoroughly recommend Dover and another Albion fan as Lofty & Sgt Williams (It aint half hot Mum)

Locky is a poor man's Frank Sinatra :lol:

So what are you saying Yorks !!

Yeah I would be up for it ...................... Sounds like a good laugh and reason (not that we need one) to get plastered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here