Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster to start on Tuesday please....

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It it totally pointless playing Murray in the home games, and pretty unfair of us to waste his Saturday afternoons every week when he could pop out shopping with his girlfriend.

Change his contract to a pay-as-you-play basis and he can just play in the away games.

Murray obviously cannot play at Withdean, so just play him for the away games.
Forster up front on his own is too much for the old fellow.

What else do we have?

Holroyd - do me a favour

Bring back Davies? or Dickinson?

Seriously need to buy a propper striker, otherwise next season will be no better

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Forster up front in a 4-5-1 formation will be too much for the old boy
4-4-2 sure a possibility, but would we really want Holroyd who is untried as a first choice pairing?

Well, how will anyone ever not be "untried" unless they are actually errr... tried??!?

Forster did fine up top on his own against Charlton. If we go back to 4-4-2, Holroyd and Forster would be a perfectly decent front-pairing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps instead of putting so much pressure on two people to score all our goals we could start demanding our midfield push up a bit more. Something that bugged me so much since early this season is that in our search for goals (5 minutes left, 1-0 down etc.), our strikers are given the ball and left to do it all. So often I've seen dickinson get the ball, run at the defender be edged out wide, cross the ball and... no one is there in support.

Kerry Mayo picked up on it in commentary today, our midfield aren't getting forward enough to support murray. It doesn't matter if we put Forster in, Dickinson, Holroyd, Davies, or whoever in there, we won't prosper until the midfield start attacking as well.

Perhaps instead of putting so much pressure on two people to score all our goals we could start demanding our midfield push up a bit more. Something that bugged me so much since early this season is that in our search for goals (5 minutes left, 1-0 down etc.), our strikers are given the ball and left to do it all. So often I've seen dickinson get the ball, run at the defender be edged out wide, cross the ball and... no one is there in support.

Kerry Mayo picked up on it in commentary today, our midfield aren't getting forward enough to support murray. It doesn't matter if we put Forster in, Dickinson, Holroyd, Davies, or whoever in there, we won't prosper until the midfield start attacking as well.

:thumbsup: perhaps this Arismendi fella' could do the job if he weren't a defensive midfielder. :shrug:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Forster and Murray upfront at home please. Its not rocket science.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh my god - is somebody actually suggesting we drop Murray? UNBELIEVABLE.

Well I would, be nice to have a player stay on his feet when the ball comes near him.

I keep looking at the Charlton game with Forster playing the lone striker role, he did it much better than Murray.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Murray is a concern - he looks up for it and full of running, but no goal chances really

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Quite simply we have to play two up front in the remainder of out home games.

As the best forwards at the club are Forster & Murray, it is a no brainer that they should be starting together.

Murray is a class act, albeit lazy. These type of players cannot play the lone striker role, as they do not put a shift in.

I still believe that Forster/Murray is a decent enough partnership to score goals in this devision.

Geoffo

Dec 26, 2008
Why is Dickinson doing so well at Peterborough, when he failed to impress here? Or was he not given enough opportunities here? Worth another go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here