Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster needs glasses!

scousebilly

Dec 13, 2009
Does he not drive anyone else mad, how many more times will he get caught off side, i counted at least 4 times yesterday when we got in to good attacking position he seems to watch the ball to much, and still at 35 he keeps getting caught when we have a chance of creating something, all he ever does is clap his team mates once the whistle catches him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has made his name by playing off of the back of defenders and in most cases he isnt offside and has beaten the line but the linos in the majority being shit, have missed it and flagged and the clapping is his gestures to the lino.

An American study of offside at all levels revealed that over 80% of decisions were given were wrong either for or against as the eye and sound of the ball being kicked find it difficult to sychronise. Not my view but that of the university researchers.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Murray has been bullying him, saying he's not offside enough. It's tragic really. But now they're competing on a more even playing field. :clap2:

Does he drive me mad? YES. But I don't care.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A striker will be pushing to get forward, the defence will be pushing up to counter this.

This will result in players getting caught offside.

It's easy for the likes of Andy grey et al to sit in a commentary box and say "well he can see across the pitch from his position, he should have known to hold his run". But sometimes the hunger and desperation to get a goal leads to forwards, all forwards being caught offside frequently.

Does it frustrate me that our forwards are desperate enough to score they will push the boundaries and get offside? No. I'd be more annoyed and frustrated if they weren't trying enough.

(That applies to Forster, Murray, Dickinson, Davies, will apply to Holroyd, and any striker that puts on a brighton and hove albion shirt)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here