Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Stewards yesterday

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sorry if this fixtures, I must be blind if it does, can't believe nobody has raised this from yesterday.

Aside from the abysmal performance, the Forest stewards completely ruined the away day for myself and I imagine others yesterday and sucked the life out of a very large away crowd. I was standing a few rows from the front to the left of the goal, where others (not women and kids, but blokes) were gladly standing in the rows behind. Half way through the first half, the bald "c u next tuesday" of a steward made everyone sit down for no reason whatsoever. To my knowledge there was no explanation as to why we were being made to sit down. After ten minutes of being largely successful in making us temporarily sit down, he moved to the other end of the stand to do exactly the same thing.

By midway in the second half, he'd succeeded in making about 20 rows of the right side of the away stand sit down, and a few on the left side. Not only was their disparity in who he was stopping from standing, there was no reason given. He then proceeded to remove one fan along our row for refusing to sit down. Now, I wouldn't have the balls to stand up and risk ejection but I'm bloody glad someone did because this particular jumped up Hitler (I point out him in particular as he was the one giving the aggro in our area) was on a vendetta to get someone chucked out for absolutely nothing.

What was more so outrageous is that the home fans in the small stand on the side of the pitch were allowed to stand and so were the fans in the top right corner above us. When the bald twat moved to another area of the away stand to inflict even more grief, the other stewards seemingly were uninterested in trying to get us to sit down again.

Really poor treatment and spoilt the day due to the fact he was interfering with watching the game and also responsible somewhat for a subdued atmosphere. I will be emailing Forest/the stewarding company to complain as we were treated ridiculously and hypocritically.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
I was on the right of the goal as you looked at the pitch, the rows in front of the stairs all sat down everybody else virtually ignore the officious stewards who appeared spineless. There was a T*at in the tier above us who was one of the most vile I have encountered with abuse and obscene gestures and the stewards just ignored him. There were women and children around me who were having to listen to this rubbish!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Sorry if this fixtures, I must be blind if it does, can't believe nobody has raised this from yesterday.

Aside from the abysmal performance, the Forest stewards completely ruined the away day for myself and I imagine others yesterday and sucked the life out of a very large away crowd. I was standing a few rows from the front to the left of the goal, where others (not women and kids, but blokes) were gladly standing in the rows behind. Half way through the first half, the bald "c u next tuesday" of a steward made everyone sit down for no reason whatsoever. To my knowledge there was no explanation as to why we were being made to sit down. After ten minutes of being largely successful in making us temporarily sit down, he moved to the other end of the stand to do exactly the same thing.

By midway in the second half, he'd succeeded in making about 20 rows of the right side of the away stand sit down, and a few on the left side. Not only was their disparity in who he was stopping from standing, there was no reason given. He then proceeded to remove one fan along our row for refusing to sit down. Now, I wouldn't have the balls to stand up and risk ejection but I'm bloody glad someone did because this particular jumped up Hitler (I point out him in particular as he was the one giving the aggro in our area) was on a vendetta to get someone chucked out for absolutely nothing.

What was more so outrageous is that the home fans in the small stand on the side of the pitch were allowed to stand and so were the fans in the top right corner above us. When the bald twat moved to another area of the away stand to inflict even more grief, the other stewards seemingly were uninterested in trying to get us to sit down again.

Really poor treatment and spoilt the day due to the fact he was interfering with watching the game and also responsible somewhat for a subdued atmosphere. I will be emailing Forest/the stewarding company to complain as we were treated ridiculously and hypocritically.

You must be very sensitive then mate. I think you should remember that we are supposed to sit these days. In case you forgot, Forest have a right to be touchy about such matters!

I must say we were asked to sit in a very polite an friendly manner - and most people did.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wasting your time emailing as post number two rightly points out.

However, I agree entirely with the gist of your argument - ruined what had the potential of a really good atmosphere, especially with home supporters up above both sides of us up for some banter.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Wasting your time emailing as post number two rightly points out.

However, I agree entirely with the gist of your argument - ruined what had the potential of a really good atmosphere, especially with home supporters up above both sides of us up for some banter.

Would that be the same ones that their stewards kept giving a hard time all match?

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
The guy in the pink down the front was brilliant arguing with the stewards :lolol:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My main problem was the lack of reasoning and disparity. Nothing on my ticket whatsoever to say we had to sit. And why were about 6 rows of the left side made to sit down, when about 20 of the other side were? And why were many stewards ambivalent towards enforcing these so called rules when Adolf temporarily moved away?

I have no problem sitting down if there are people behind me wanting to sit. Or if it's a universally enforced rule. The fact that the people behind me also wanted to stand and it was enforced a) by only a select number of heavy handed stewards and b) to different degrees across the stand, with no reasoning to my ear, made for a very uncomfortable duration of the game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well there you go, I thought the stewards were fine, they asked us to sit down a couple of times, we did, then just ambled to our feet a couple of minutes later when something exciting happened, and they left us to it, no dramas.

I'm just not going to get the arse ever because stewards ask me to sit down, in AN ALL SEATER STADIUM. Invariably after a couple of minutes they go away and I stand back up again. It never stops me supporting the team, it doesn't stop me singing as loudly as I can, why let it ruin your day?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Oh and praise from myself to the bloke in the row in front of me who was so enraged at the guy behind us being chucked out that he walked the entire row to one of the stewards to ask why the Nott'm fans weren't being made to sit down, and then went back to his seat and took a photo of them. :bowdown:

On that note, after that happened, the stewards spent all of 2 minutes trying to make the Forest fans sit down, which failed and they didn't try again, whereas we had to put up with about 60 minutes of the game being ruined by over zealous stewarding.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Oh no, not another supporter moaning because he has been rude and abusive to a steward who has asked him to respect the ground regulations and is then suprised when the stewards get out of line with him.

I cringe evertime I hear someone moaning about the stewards, don't behave like a bell end and you won't notice them

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Oh no, not another supporter moaning because he has been rude and abusive to a steward who has asked him to respect the ground regulations and is then suprised when the stewards get out of line with him.

I cringe evertime I hear someone moaning about the stewards, don't behave like a bell end and you won't notice them

Obviously didn't read my post properly or you would have read the part where I said I didn't stand after they asked not to. :ffsparr:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

To be fair, that is not always the case (e.g. Spurs in the Cup a few years ago), but it certainly was the case yesterday. Ir at least where we were.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Well there you go, I thought the stewards were fine, they asked us to sit down a couple of times, we did, then just ambled to our feet a couple of minutes later when something exciting happened, and they left us to it, no dramas.

I'm just not going to get the arse ever because stewards ask me to sit down, in AN ALL SEATER STADIUM. Invariably after a couple of minutes they go away and I stand back up again. It never stops me supporting the team, it doesn't stop me singing as loudly as I can, why let it ruin your day?

Only one exciting thing happened all game (other than having our posts peppered) and I was having a piss at the time ???:down:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My main problem was the lack of reasoning and disparity. Nothing on my ticket whatsoever to say we had to sit.

Seriously? Why don't you think about what you type before you do? Apart from the blindingly obvious that you are at a football stadium in the English Championship which has been all seater for many years, there are clear terms and conditions at every ground in the country, requiring you to sit down (not requesting), and requiring clubs to enforce these rules.

"persistent standing in seated areas is a breach of ground regulations which are required under the Safety Certificate that allows the club to operate"

"ground regulations are displayed at every turnstile And ticket holders have made an undertaking to observe this and all other ground regulations when purchasing their tickets"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here