Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest fan here

Leek

Jul 21, 2009
Hey everyone, seeing as we've just signed Joel Lynch and sent you Thornhill thought I'd leave a message. I have soft spot for Brighton as my sisters boyfriend supports you lot and whenever we played you in league one, you brought a good folllowing and made some noise. Plus Cloughie managed you lot!

Joel Lynch was terrible for us under Calderwood, I even went as far as saying "He's the worst forest player I have ever seen" when we lost 4-2 to Doncaster Rovers but under Billy Davies he was one of our best players towards the end of the season, setting up quite a few goals with some awesome crosses. What is his natural position? As we have have brought him in to play left back. Someone went abit far and made a song for us to the tune of Joeline

Joel Lynch, Joel Lynch, Joel Lynch, Joooooooooooooel Lyyyyyyyyyynch
We're begging of you please don't lose your man
We only bought you just because we can

Anyway, onto Thornhill. One of our future midfielders I think, very bright future and has an awesome shot on him (scored an amazing goal against Watford) Some people have said he's pretty light weight but I don't think he is, I have never seen him bullied off the ball as he is quite good at making space. He has played for us quite a few times this season and he never looked out of place so I think he'll be quality for you. Good luck in the new season, I've seen you have signed quite a few players including Liam Dickinson (ex sheep shagger but i'll let him off cos he never started) who I think will get quite a few goals for you. Hopefully you'll be in the championship soon.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Natural position for Joel Lynch is at centre half he is much better there than at left back.
Best of luck to you in the new season.:thumbsup:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Forest - Nottingham's second club

didn't we do the double when you were European Champions and top of Div 1?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
When he was 18 Joel Lynch looked a cert to make it in the Premiership. Things have stuttered since - always looked a better centre half and never played well for the Albion at left back. Might prove to be a bargain for Forest.

Allegedly, Russell is a Forest fan which might explain his awareness of Thornhill.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hey everyone, seeing as we've just signed Joel Lynch and sent you Thornhill thought I'd leave a message. I have soft spot for Brighton as my sisters boyfriend supports you lot and whenever we played you in league one, you brought a good folllowing and made some noise. Plus Cloughie managed you lot!

Joel Lynch was terrible for us under Calderwood, I even went as far as saying "He's the worst forest player I have ever seen" when we lost 4-2 to Doncaster Rovers but under Billy Davies he was one of our best players towards the end of the season, setting up quite a few goals with some awesome crosses. What is his natural position? As we have have brought him in to play left back. Someone went abit far and made a song for us to the tune of Joeline

Anyway, onto Thornhill. One of our future midfielders I think, very bright future and has an awesome shot on him (scored an amazing goal against Watford) Some people have said he's pretty light weight but I don't think he is, I have never seen him bullied off the ball as he is quite good at making space. He has played for us quite a few times this season and he never looked out of place so I think he'll be quality for you. Good luck in the new season, I've seen you have signed quite a few players including Liam Dickinson (ex sheep shagger but i'll let him off cos he never started) who I think will get quite a few goals for you. Hopefully you'll be in the championship soon.

I'd love to see Forest back in the Premiership. They were always a great team to watch when Cloughie was in charge and I know for a fact many Albion fans my age have a soft spot for them.

Hope you do well next year :thumbsup:

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
... Joel Lynch was terrible for us under Calderwood, I even went as far as saying "He's the worst forest player I have ever seen" when we lost 4-2 to Doncaster Rovers but under Billy Davies he was one of our best players towards the end of the season, setting up quite a few goals with some awesome crosses.

Pretty much sums him up IMO. If he doesn't get on with a manager, his performance suffers. Maybe as he get's older, he'll overcome this.

:)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
When he was 18 Joel Lynch looked a cert to make it in the Premiership. Things have stuttered since - always looked a better centre half and never played well for the Albion at left back. Might prove to be a bargain for Forest.

Allegedly, Russell is a Forest fan which might explain his awareness of Thornhill.

I would agree with all of that... Lynch is a much better centre back than he is left back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Concentration over 90 mins is a big problem for Lynch.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He is a natural centre back - his general positional play lacks a great deal and at full back he tends to lose track of where he is and where the opposition are. He should develop under the right management and have a very successful career at Championship level and higher. I suspect BD is just the type to get the best from him. Good manager.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
If we get promoted, Thornhill will sign for us next season if he's settles in.

Heard something very similar myself. Apparently we wanted to buy, but in view of the price Forest were quoting we thought it better to see where we are in 6/12 months and to make sure that all party's are happy and settled.

Think the asking price was something like £500k

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Someone went abit far and made a song for us to the tune of Joeline

:lolol::lolol::lolol:
Absolute QUALITY

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i know they're out of fashion but lynch might make a good left wing back. we didn't see any of his attacking qualities from left back - he was awful at LB for us - but it sounds like he has impressed going forwards for forest.

made his mark as a centre half so i would expect him to develop into an imposing ball playing centre half at best playing alongside somebody who's a bit more rugged.

Leek - what's the view on Sven at County amongst Forest fans? the clubs generally seem fairly friendly so are you hoping County will prosper so you can play each other on a regular basis again?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

So are you worried Notts County will be overtaking you in the league in a few years time

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
Notts do this on a regular basis - get someone promising to spend a few quid on them, proclaim that they're going to be the biggest team in Nottingham within three years, then spend the next two seasons buggering around in the basement division before announcing that they're bust again.

Like a lot of Forest fans I quite like Notts, but they hate us. I'll get worried about them when they start looking like they might be able to get into the same division as us.

Eriksson at Notts is one of the most ridiculous things I've head in ages. What does he know about League 2, and how is he going to attract the sort of players he knows to Notts?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Notts do this on a regular basis - get someone promising to spend a few quid on them, proclaim that they're going to be the biggest team in Nottingham within three years, then spend the next two seasons buggering around in the basement division before announcing that they're bust again.

Like a lot of Forest fans I quite like Notts, but they hate us. I'll get worried about them when they start looking like they might be able to get into the same division as us.

Eriksson at Notts is one of the most ridiculous things I've head in ages. What does he know about League 2, and how is he going to attract the sort of players he knows to Notts?

Eriksson will attract decent players from lg2 and above leagues most prob. I live in Derby but go and watch Notts a few times a season when im not watching Albion. I liked them when they were unfashionable and crap, now they're a threat to my beloved Albion and it'll be interesting to see if Derbys hate turns to Notts instead of Forest over the yrs. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here