Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those in and around London transport hubs including Luton & Stansted airports...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Terror threat just been increased to "Severe" in last hour. (One level below "Critical", which is the highest level).

No idea what has prompted this - just reporting what I have been told.

:shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not sure what you are driving at; theat level has been at "Severe" for some time now.

Well, not exactly sure just yet, except all leave has been cancelled and threat level are being amended for different locations as we speak.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Have you put the red light bulb in?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have you put the red light bulb in?

No. We can't find it. But we have covered over the normal light bulb with red tissue paper.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
never quite understood the whole terror level thing. surely its either normal, that is "an attack is possible but not likely" because that ths case for most major conurbations and airports, or its critical "an attack is expected imminently". anything inbetween is just pointless or scaremongering. if there is a verified threat, its critical, if there is no news or something has been uncovered and therefore neutralised, its nothing to raise the alert level about. severe says "an attack is highly likely" but it really seems to mean "we think their might be an attack planned, some where, we're not sure, so be aware. but dont stop what youre doing". might as well just say keep calm and carry on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And what are those of us who are due into, say London Bridge tomorrow morning at rush hour meant to do about this exactly?

Carry on as normal I guess.
Extra police are being drafted in.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I can confirm that there are no flaming jumbos over Stansted. Will keep watching the skies...

I will report on Luton on my way to work in the morning.

(I am also confused by terror theat levels - surely we are permanently on 'maybe' alert?)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Luckily I read this after getting on the tube... Guy opp me Indian looking who had a duffer hat on with side bits, well I thought it was side bits but it was his massive beard sitting there reading some religious books whilst wearing some weird bed sheet!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the test match thread they are reporting that Twitter is "over capacity"

I suspect it has more to do with this situation than the cricket

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's been at Severe since at least October, has this news only just reached Stansted??

They haven't increased policing numbers at Gatwick that I'm aware of, but the way in which patrols are directed has been looked at, and there have been some very interesting briefings.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's been at Severe since at least October, has this news only just reached Stansted??

They haven't increased policing numbers at Gatwick that I'm aware of, but the way in which patrols are directed has been looked at, and there have been some very interesting briefings.

Shhhhh - careless talk etc ! Or am I getting into the re-run of Wish Me Luck too much ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Luckily I read this after getting on the tube... Guy opp me Indian looking who had a duffer hat on with side bits, well I thought it was side bits but it was his massive beard sitting there reading some religious books whilst wearing some weird bed sheet!

It you get freaked out by that, I'd advice you never to live in London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here